[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
My Writing Space : Writing Space • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

My Writing Space

Here you can post a picture of you in your writing space.
zonkerman
Corporal

My Writing Space

Postby zonkerman » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:07 pm

zonkerman
Corporal

My Writing Space

Postby zonkerman » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:07 pm

This is where I do most of my writing when I am not moving around with a laptop. I do not like sitting at a desk too long so I will end up at my kitchen bar stool area often to stretch my legs and continue the keyboard activity.

Okay, I finally figured out how some of you were putting your pictures into these notes. For those of you that don't know, the secrete is to insert the IMG HTML tag into your note. If you don't know about that HTML tag then check the below link that provides information on how to use it.

http://www.htmlgoodies.com/primers/html ... hp/3478181

In the above web link, look at the top part titled "Placing An Image On Your Page"

I wish I had seen this "how to" on the page I was making the note. My guess is that someone probably documented it long ago on the FAQs section. Have a nice day. :)

novembergal
Captain

RE: My Writing Space

Postby novembergal » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:18 am

Or, you can copy the URL assigned to your photo (by photobucket, or whatever other photo site), I usually highlight the assigned URL, then use from the keyboard CTRL X, to copy it, then, in a New Thread, or Posting a Reply, window (whichever) select the little picture box from the tool bar, and then paste (CTRL V) the URL where indicated. In the next line, asking for alternate text, I give a name to the photo, but someone else said you can also post the URL there too (?), then click OK (or maybe it says SUBMIT).

Nice set up Robert. I love the cuckoo clock. In addition to my own desk top computer, I also have a laptop, and in the summer, most of my writing is done from my screened in porch.

JohnOBX
Brigadier General

Postby JohnOBX » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:10 pm

Hi Robert,

Snazzy set up.  I feel your pain about sitting in one place too long.  I think yours might be the first picture I've seen here with a mirror in the writing space...certainly one that prominent.  I couldn't do deal with it.  Every time I looked up my reflection would say "Who the hell do you think you're kidding?"

Thanks for sharing,

--John

zonkerman
Corporal

Postby zonkerman » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:37 pm

Hi JohnOBX.
Thanks for viewing my writing space. There is a reason the mirror is there. The space I now use for writing is also my family room. I actually used to have a dedicated room in my home for writing and other such work. However, the problem with it was its location. It was at the farthest room in my house from the family room. After a few years in the back room, I began to feel isolated from the family home activities. My kids were growing up and I was missing a lot of it by being in the back room for so many hours a day.

Consequently, I decided to move my equipment to the family room where I can see, hear, and interact with my kids and wife while working. Granted, there are more distractions, but I feel a whole lot better now being where the family action is. Naturally, my wife does not like seeing my equipment in the room; she prefers a room void of any such clutter. The mirror you see is there because it was simply part of the original family room layout.

i.p.igo
Private E-1

My writing space

Postby i.p.igo » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:22 pm

My writing space

KeithMN
Lieutenant

RE: My writing space

Postby KeithMN » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:33 am

Hmmm... I'm trying to figure it out.  Your genre is either fantasy or historical gladiator fiction.  I'm going to split the difference and say... humorous romance?  The pink wings on your helmet gave it away. ;)

Nice large space.  Dangerous, and a little scary, but very large.  Do you draw/paint, too?  I'm assuming that's not Daniel in the Lion's Den?  ;)

Comfy chair.  Trees are always a nice view.  Like Hooked on Phonics, it works for me!

looneywriter
General of the Army

Postby looneywriter » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:39 am

Yeah, um, well, lots of weaponry there. You have to give us a little description of what we're seeing. The map, the painting, is that a Buddhist mandala peeking out from behind the helmet?

i.p.igo
Private E-1

Postby i.p.igo » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:54 am

i.p.igo
Private E-1

Postby i.p.igo » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:01 am

Next

Return to Writing Space