the pit

Here you can post a picture of you in your writing space.
irishblondie
Private E-1

the pit

Postby irishblondie » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:57 am

irishblondie
Private E-1

the pit

Postby irishblondie » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:57 am

Yes, it is a pit. I got an arial view off the stairs and a view to my immediate right from the desk. Aside from the fact I am a clutter bug, we are remodeling and I have five kids so right now it has become a catch all for everyone's paperwork. Is it insane? Yes, it is, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I only need to look around at my pictures of friends and family to find my happy thoughts. Peace Lillies, Buddha, Monet, Roses, an Irish Blessing, and the feminine abstracts help me to find tranquility among the chaos. I have piles of books everywhere else around me, inspiration from Fitzgerald, Tolstoy, and Hemingway, among others of course, some not so well known as others. Will I change my space? perhaps, but I gave up fantasies of neatness long ago. If you can pick out any particulars, you might see one of several organizers that I have on my desk. They provide me a good chuckle, because I have at least six organizers. Apparently I haven't figured out how to use them. I consider it a beautiful mess, I just don't invite people over to see it. So this is a very intimate part of me that you are seeing.

TraciG
President of the World

RE: the pit

Postby TraciG » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:53 am

Wow. Makes my little personal corner look clean. Thanks! Welcome to the forums, also! It's always great to have new people. Make sure you go up the the Introduction thread!

Kirby
Captain

Postby Kirby » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:30 am

Lol...great space!  Love the name "the pit."  And welcome to the boards.  

JohnOBX
Brigadier General

Postby JohnOBX » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:11 pm

Hi Lucinda and welcome to the forums,

I like your niche.  Looks like you get a lot done there.

--John

irishblondie
Private E-1

Postby irishblondie » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:13 am

Thank you, guys, for being so kind. It is a crazy spot, and there is an immense volume of work that moves through there. Hopefully in the nexy few weeks the house will be more finished and I can post a revised version of the pit. I promise it will not look as nice as some of the other spaces I have viewed.

Lucinda

Shaka
Captain

Postby Shaka » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:24 pm

Hi Lucinda (love that name)

Your pit looks like a lively busy pit.  Welcome to the forums. 

irishblondie
Private E-1

Postby irishblondie » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:48 pm

Return to Writing Space