[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Anybody else dislike Facebook? : Take it Outside! • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Anybody else dislike Facebook?

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
Fishgeek
Private E-1

Re: Anybody else dislike Facebook?

Postby Fishgeek » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:38 pm

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:10 pm

I have family and friends all over teh country, and so does my wife, so we both have a Facebook account. It does help us stay in touch, and is an easy way to share photos.

But I don't use Facebook very much, and I don't use it at all for my writing. But it's twitter that I truly hate. I think it's both silly and destructive.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:31 pm

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:08 pm

If it wasn't for Facebook, I wouldn't have an opportunity to get to know my dad's side of the family. We left the East coast when I was 4. I never got to know any of that side of my family until I went back in my 30's and they all have connected with me through Facebook. I have closer relationship with them than I have with my own father. I'm much closer to all of my aunts, uncles, and cousins on both sides of the family. It has also made sharing information to a group of family easier. Also I got a lot of support from family and friends when I've announced writing related stuff.

The only way Twitter is destructive is when people Tweet something stupid without thinking. I have learned a lot about writing through links people post and have had more fun with writing Tweets for contests which is also great practice for writing log lines. I've had a lot of positive interactions with writers. Some have also given me some good feedback on my writing from contests you can only find out about on Twitter.

G-Girl2
Sergeant First Class

Postby G-Girl2 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:52 am

G-Girl2
Sergeant First Class

Postby G-Girl2 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:18 am

Fishgeek
Private E-1

Postby Fishgeek » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:35 am