[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Website help : Take it Outside! • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Website help

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
Procrastinater
Private E-1

Website help

Postby Procrastinater » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:33 am

I need to set up a website for my day job (I'm a freelance editor/proofreader) but I'm not really sure how to do this.
I've had a look around online and seen this kind of thing which looks fairly straightforward, would this work out cheaper than trying to find a website designer for example, to do it for me personally?
It's not something I know a great deal about.

Thank you

robjvargas
Captain

Re: Website help

Postby robjvargas » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:58 am

Define "cheaper."

Doing it yourself is less cost up front. But if you don't know what you're doing, you might wind up hiring that designer after all.

If you look around, some Web hosts offer a certain number of hours of support to help you design your site.
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

Procrastinater
Private E-1

Postby Procrastinater » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:07 am

I suppose by cheaper I mean as cheap as possible while still getting a good service, but I expect it's a case of you get what you pay for, as with everything.
I'll have another look around at what I'll be getting for my money. I'll also get some quotes from an actual web designer.
Thank you :)

Elease Singh
Private E-1

Postby Elease Singh » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:58 am

The link you've given will cost you 1$ for the domain name. I suggest that you hire a web designer for your website on "fiverr" for only $5.

Return to Take it Outside!