[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! : Take it Outside! • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
Jowen
Lieutenant Colonel

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Postby Jowen » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:26 pm

I am sooooo excited. Today I gave myself an early Christmas gift, something I have wanted for years. She's small and brown, with a lively, impish face and bright smile, the product of a hot and underdeveloped country. Her name is Semite. She's a beautiful child, eight years old, who loves to read and play hide and seek. I chose her because we share the same birthday, although many years apart. With our love of reading and birthdays we have at least two things we can talk about. Perhaps, if she likes reading, I can encourage her to write. I am so looking forward to corresponding with her and following her life and progress, as well as that of her family and community. Today I gave myself a wonderful, exciting gift. I signed up to sponsor a child through World Vision.
[imge=3509-3]

Oldtimer
Colonel

Re: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Postby Oldtimer » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:22 am

You are very kind-hearted, Jowen, and I am sure you and your new 'daughter' will spend many happy hours writing to each other. I sponsored a young man in Swaziland when he was ten, I think, through Save The Children, and we corresponded for ten years. He stopped writing when his young wife died of AIDS leaving him with a little boy to raise on his own. I couldn't help him any more than I already had done financially, but I am hoping that he found a new partner. Maybe one more letter will prompt him to get in touch again. Thank you for reminding me of him. :)
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

Jowen
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Postby Jowen » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:36 pm

[imge=3509-3]

Return to Take it Outside!