[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
importance of proofreading : Take it Outside! • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

importance of proofreading

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
robertodette
Private E-1

importance of proofreading

Postby robertodette » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:48 pm

shadowwalker
Captain

Re: importance of proofreading

Postby shadowwalker » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:02 am

Is there some kind of comment you want to make or discussion you want to start?
"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

It's really not that hard. Just tell me a story.

robertodette
Private E-1

Postby robertodette » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:10 am

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:54 am

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

shadowwalker
Captain

Postby shadowwalker » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:10 am

"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:50 am

for others like me, who don't go full-screen when on the site, you have to, if you want to see the highlight... but the text is so tiny, i can't read it w/o a magnifying glass, to see what's wrong with it...
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

shadowwalker
Captain

Postby shadowwalker » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:50 pm

I couldn't see the right side until I was typing my last response, and scrolled down to see if the typo popped out at me - then the whole thing showed up. But still, I just like to see something besides a graphic so I know what the point is without having to search around for it.

robertodette
Private E-1

Postby robertodette » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:01 pm

I figured the point was obvious - it's instructions to proofread your work before submitting it to anybody and it's obvious they didn't do it - spellcheck doesn't catch that kind of thing

shadowwalker
Captain

Postby shadowwalker » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:25 pm

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:19 am

yup!... but it didn't, so it wasn't...
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Next

Return to Take it Outside!