[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Jokes : Take it Outside! • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Jokes

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
Oldtimer
Colonel

Jokes

Postby Oldtimer » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:15 pm

Here's a joke, received this morning from my sister in England:

Grandma to small grandchild: "Would you like some chocolate? What do you say?"

Child: "Let go!" :D
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

updog
General of the Army

Re: Jokes

Postby updog » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:09 am

:lol:
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:00 pm

i don't get the 'let go' part... that is, i get grandma expected a 'please' but how does 'let go' make any sense?... am i being dense, or what?
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

rosebud
Major

Postby rosebud » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:56 pm

Granny is playing tug-o-war with the chocolate and doesn't want to give it up.

Took me a minute too, maia.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:28 pm

You were right, rosebud. I should have written that grandma was offering chocolate to a small child. If she was anything like me, she would have waited for a "please" before she handed it over.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

cosivantutte
Private First Class

Postby cosivantutte » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:15 pm

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:09 pm

If a child doesn't say please automatically, we nudge them with a "what do you say?" We don't hand it over till they say the magic word. I asked my grandson what the magic word was once, and he looked at me cockeyed and said, "abracadabra?" :mrgreen:
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

Gooblink
Major General

Postby Gooblink » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:21 pm

Peace,
Cindy

http://www.gooblink.com
cindy@gooblink.com
Follow me on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/gooblink
-----
Not all things countable are worth counting and not all things that count are countable. - Albert Einstein

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:16 am

There is a spam post that found its way here. I'm ignoring it... :roll:

Dorothy, I liked that. I'm notorious for being a tease like that with kids so I got it from the start. :lol: :lol:

Updog, I liked that too. I love how kids see the world. :D

I worked at a school and filled in the nurses office when the nurse wasn't there. One day a second grade boy came in and clearly he'd had an "accident" He proceeded to tell me the longest tall tale about how he was playing with friends, fell and slid a long ways, and it was grass sweat all over his pants. That was just some nasty, stinky grass sweat out there.

rosebud
Major

Postby rosebud » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:12 am

"Abracadabra", that is the magic word, Updog. It opens all kinds of doors. :D Heck if the kid in the story was into Harry Potter that would have been a perfect word to choose for a handful of chocolate. :mrgreen:

Next

Return to Take it Outside!