[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
It's tax day : Take it Outside! • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

It's tax day

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
rosebud
Major

It's tax day

Postby rosebud » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:15 pm

Who among you waits until the last minute to file?

It used to drive me crazy that my husband always waited until tax day to get my signature but I've decided that one day is not worth the agonizing battle.

How do you all deal with this dilemma?

updog
General of the Army

Re: It's tax day

Postby updog » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:58 pm

I did mine in February. :D
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

MookyMcD
Captain

Postby MookyMcD » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:30 am

I do my taxes early, but wait until nearly the last minute to click "file." I file the day before the deadline, though, in case something goes wrong.

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:54 am

I wait until the last minute because the longer my money is in the bank, the more interest I earn. This matters when you're self-employed. Most who file early have an employer who pulls money out of their checks each payday, and/or they have money coming back by way of a tax return.

Tax day means I have money going out, but none coming back, so waiting until the last minute is the smart thing to do. Better my money earns interest for me than for the government.

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:53 pm

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:44 pm

I hate self-employment taxes. Hubby was for a few years.

When we get money back, we file ASAP. This year we got money back from the Fed but owed the state since the man of the house made money out of state for part of the year. That check went out yesterday. :?

onceuponwednesday
Major

Postby onceuponwednesday » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:13 am

I got burnt done year when someone sent me a tax form in March and I had to amend a return. Never want to do that again.
The Rule of Three

Jowen
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Jowen » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:18 am

Here in Canada some guy hacked into the CRA software and took off with 900 SINs. Sadly, that means we don't have to file our tax returns until May 5th. Very upsetting. :D
[imge=3509-3]

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:22 am

onceuponwednesday
Major

Postby onceuponwednesday » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:43 pm

The Rule of Three

Next