What would you have told her?

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
Oldtimer
Colonel

Re: What would you have told her?

Postby Oldtimer » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:45 am

Our little visitor has left now. She and her parents were staying with us while their apartment was being made ready. (They are new to the area.) We might see her now and again if they pop in to let us know how they are faring but I doubt that this question will arise again.

Thank you all for some very interesting viewpoints. I'm just wondering whether I can use shadowwalker's answer in a plot for a short story. I don't like to waste anything, y'know. :)
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

fathoms77
Private E-1

Postby fathoms77 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:57 pm

"Very good question. What do you think happens?"

nhope
Lieutenant

Postby nhope » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:36 pm

That's a fantastic question! Could almost be out of Lewis Carroll.

I would have told her that was a fabulous question, asked her what she thought, then told her what I thought.

What do I think? hm...

Where do thoughts go when you die? OK, how's this? You know how you're somewhere doing something, or doing absolutely nothing, and some random thought pops into your head? Maybe that is the thought of someone who has died. So when you die, your thoughts float away like feathers or dandelion seeds that kids blow into the breeze, and when they find some mind that they feel attracted to, they land.

Gooblink
Major General

Postby Gooblink » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:10 pm

What a thoughtful question for such a young one!

When my kids ask me questions like that I always ask what they think before telling them what I think. Sometimes their answers are far more insightful than mine.
Peace,
Cindy

http://www.gooblink.com
cindy@gooblink.com
Follow me on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/gooblink
-----
Not all things countable are worth counting and not all things that count are countable. - Albert Einstein

Bradley Steven
Private E-1

Postby Bradley Steven » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:26 am

I would suggest that she start writing them down, that way she'll always know where they are. That's what I do. That's very similar to the question I asked myself that led me to writing in the first place.

I agree with the rest of the posts about not injecting religion into it, although this is clearly a spiritual issue. It's very popular these days to be offended by everything and beat people with that stick.

Previous

Return to Take it Outside!