[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Kanji Spam: Block Asia : Take it Outside! • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Kanji Spam: Block Asia

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
robjvargas
Captain

Kanji Spam: Block Asia

Postby robjvargas » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:21 am

Not really, but it feels good to say it. I'm just REALLY tired of all the spam efforts from Asian IP addresses. I run a small forum for a local writer's group. 25 members. Maybe a couple of posts per week. If that. Some of them aren't into this whole "Internet" fad. :D

But I've had to block a hundred or more attempts to access the forum from IP's in China every single freakin' week. As far as I'm concerned, Russia counts in this group, too.

I'm just so done with Asia.

Thanks for letting me rant.
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Re: Kanji Spam: Block Asia

Postby mammamaia » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:39 am

fyi, they may well not be originating there... clever spammers and hackers will reroute their merde several times, to avoid being tagged... i understand china and russia are favorite parts of the world on which to lay the blame, as their final re-route...
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

robjvargas
Captain

Re: Kanji Spam: Block Asia

Postby robjvargas » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:32 pm

Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

Return to Take it Outside!