[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
what do you do when you can't sleep and too tired to write? : Take it Outside! • Page 3 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

what do you do when you can't sleep and too tired to write?

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
Metilda
Corporal

Re: what do you do when you can't sleep and too tired to wri

Postby Metilda » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:27 am

bb85
Private E-1

Postby bb85 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:21 pm

When I can't sleep I usually get out of bed and make my self a hot cup of tea. Too bad I don't find any inspiration to write when I'm in insomniac mode. It would be great though to be productive when I can't sleep, but this never happens. I usually sit around in my living room, drinking that hot cup of tea and think of nothing. Yes, that's right. My head is empty.
There are also other tips I can share with you, insomniacs. Drinking a cup of milk will help you fall back asleep quickly as milk (and many other foods) contain tryptophan, which is a natural sleep hormone. It is for good reason that there’s an old wives’ tale that says a glass of warm milk before bed helps you to sleep. Anyway, you can read more here in this article on . My second advice would be to maybe consider buying yourself a new bed (if you often can't sleep) or at least a new cushion. This might sound expensive, but think of it this way - how much is your good night's sleep worth? :)
My sleepless sessions usually last for an hour or so. I haven't yet discovered what causes them. Maybe stress, maybe something else. Will need to figure out this soon. Anyway, I'm off to bed now :) Good night!

nhope
Lieutenant

Postby nhope » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:58 pm

Legend says, when you can't fall asleep, you are awake in someone else's dream.

rosebud
Major

Postby rosebud » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:57 pm

Metilda
Corporal

Postby Metilda » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:52 pm

You know - lately I've had a lot of trouble sleeping, and instead of trying to fuss over book details I've been playing with cover art. Just tinkering with my program, playing around. I may or may not self-pub, but it's a heck of a lot of fun.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g299/ ... 83b243.jpg

Epic
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Epic » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:28 pm

Two products that may help: Midnite, a melatonin and herbs tablet, and Rescue Sleep, a homeopathic spray that contains alcohol. I found the first OTC for $10, and the second online, a product by Bach.
I fictionalized my life as I lived it. At this point, I'm not sure I know what was real.--Mary Wooley, 2007.

rosebud
Major

Postby rosebud » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:17 pm

nhope
Lieutenant

Postby nhope » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:41 am

Chocolate. A couple of snack size Nestlé's Crunch bars or Andes mints knocks me right out. No idea why. If I eat chocolate during the day I want to nap. Backwards I guess.

G-Girl2
Sergeant First Class

Postby G-Girl2 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:44 pm

iCreateWorlds1009
Private E-1

Postby iCreateWorlds1009 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:43 pm

Opposite of that problem. I fell asleep mid-sentence. I woke up this morning to the word 'but' written down with nothing after it and no idea what was supposed to come after it. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

PreviousNext

Return to Take it Outside!