[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
what do you do when you can't sleep and too tired to write? : Take it Outside! • Page 4 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

what do you do when you can't sleep and too tired to write?

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
dantefrizzoli
Private E-1

Re: what do you do when you can't sleep and too tired to wri

Postby dantefrizzoli » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:32 am

I am a fan of white noise because it seems like it keeps me asleep, but when I can't fall asleep, I usually get out of bed and surf the Internet, or I put on one of my favorite movies and watch it in bed. However, it has to be a movie that I can practically recite. My mind focuses on the movie, and stops the noise in my head. I usually fall asleep within 15 minutes into the movie. I've tried clearing my mind and counting to 100. If I start thinking of something else, I have to stop and start over. That must work like a charm because I never remember when or how I fall asleep. :)
Dante - Aspiring Novelist. |

Fictional Cowboy
Corporal

Re: what do you do when you can't sleep and too tired to wri

Postby Fictional Cowboy » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:18 am

You mean like tonight? It's 4:19 a.m. and I'm still not sleepy. Fortunately, I quit my job a year ago (due to intense stress) and now work as a caretaker in my apartment building. I love it because I set my own hours. When I first got the job, I scrubbed the place from top to bottom until it shined. Now, to keep it at that level of clean, I have it down to a routine and only have to work four hours a week! (The job is part time and pays my rent, my few bills, and just enough for a few groceries.) I took this job so I could have lots of time to write. It's less money than I'm used to but what I lost in dollars, I've gained a fortune in happiness and stress-free living! Today I did a thorough cleaning in three hours so I won't have to work tomorrow at all. Most days it's just five or 10 minutes touching up the place and then I have the rest of the day to myself. And, just so I can relax and have no agenda tomorrow, except to work on my novel, I also cleaned my apartment from top to bottom and did every bit of laundry.

Going to bed early for a good night's sleep didn't work out so now I'm up very late. I'm browsing online and reading a lot of threads. I'm only just starting to get a little sleepy so I'll watch an episode of Murder She Wrote while I'm in bed. I'll be asleep soon and my computer automatically shuts off after five minutes of inactivity. I'll get up around 11 a.m. or noon, have some coffee and do some research for my novel.
~ Cowboy

If you're so inclined, feel free to correct my punctuation. I'm relearning.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are always my opinions, my thoughts and information based on my research. There are exceptions, and no one right way, to do everything.

Previous

Return to Take it Outside!