[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Confessions of procrastination : Take it Outside! • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Confessions of procrastination

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
xylene
Private E-2

Confessions of procrastination

Postby xylene » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:46 am

Obviously I'm not on my own here. Everyone seems to come up with other occupations when they try to make themselves sit down and write, and I thought it might be funny to share the strange things you find yourself doing when you just can't come up with anything.

Today, for example, I cleaned all the light switches in the house. And I do mean each and every single one, including flipping the switches up and down so I got all the dirt around the edges. I'm completely serious. Beat that!

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Re: Confessions of procrastination

Postby mammamaia » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:01 am

i've cleaned switches that way, but not because i couldn't find anything to write about... ;)
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:28 am

I've spent an hour this morning sawing off the end of a triangular glue stick to make a tiny zero-gravity cup for my MC to give his tiktaalik passengers some water - just to prove that the container can be used that way. (According to NASA, water will run down a sharp internal angle in zero gravity.) Now, having done the fun part, I need to put BIC and write about using it - the tiny cup, not my butt. :roll:
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:41 pm

"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:58 pm

I wrote a little poem about procrastination. Here it is:

When my Maker made me what ingredient did He
Omit from my self and leave up on the shelf?
'Cause my head - full of dreams and impossible schemes -
Has led me through life, ...er,

What rhymes with life? Strife? wife? Um, I'll finish this tomorrow. ;)
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.

rosebud
Major

Postby rosebud » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Elibet1
Lieutenant

Postby Elibet1 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:28 am

Was you in a band Dot? Fife! And just think! you could bring in a line about drumming. :lol:

To OP,Hi and welcome,
Struggling to find a rhyming word for a nonsensical thread bobbin around the world wide web. :mrgreen:

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:30 am

Thank you for the suggestion, Elibet, but the last line where I'm searching for a rhyme is supposed to be part of the poem. I didn't make that very clear, did I? :?

bjamison71
Private E-2

Postby bjamison71 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:52 am

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:47 am

Writing is just about the only area of my life where I don't procrastinate. I'm a champion procrastinator at just about anything else I do, but writing is something I really enjoy sitting down and doing. It's writing, in fact, that makes me procrastinate so much in other areas.

Next

Return to Take it Outside!