[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Please don't go, jaus : Take it Outside! • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Please don't go, jaus

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
Mazy
Private First Class

Please don't go, jaus

Postby Mazy » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:20 pm

I just read the thread where jaus tail said goodbye. I am so sorry if my comments created insults for his stories. I like his stories and saw what he posted in the thread I started as an attepmt to put a lighter note on the turn of events there.

If you happen to read this, jaus, I really enjoyed your ideas and stories.

Please don't go away. If anyone should go it would be me. You are a good person, jaus.
[color=#4000FF]“Four thousand volumes of metaphysics
will not teach us what the soul is.” Voltaire
[/color

Oldtimer
Colonel

Re: Please don't go, jaus

Postby Oldtimer » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:46 pm

Mazy: Jaus broke a cardinal rule. Private messages are private. He should never have copied them into a post and he would have been banned for doing that on any online forum.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:51 am

and he can't come back, since he was banned for life, sorry to say...
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Mazy
Private First Class

Postby Mazy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:03 pm

I'm sorry that happened.
[color=#4000FF]“Four thousand volumes of metaphysics
will not teach us what the soul is.” Voltaire
[/color

rosebud
Major

Postby rosebud » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:46 pm

So am I. More than words can describe. :cry:

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:53 pm

Me too. :cry:

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:54 am

It didn't "happen."

I'm not trying to slam someone who can't defend himself. I've been banned from AW, and I disagree with the action. I think Jaus, like me, believed he was just defending himself against an unfair accusation.

But unfair accusation or not, the ban is based on action Jaus took. He created the *public* thread to argue about something that took place in private (at least partly so). And then he posted the private communications.

We should all remember that these are actions he took. Not just something that came along as he was minding his own business.
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:07 am

I'm with you, Rob. Posting private messages to a public forum is an absolute no-no--and rightly so. Trying to resurrect a locked thread is not a good idea either.
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

shadowwalker
Captain

Postby shadowwalker » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:40 am

Have to agree - whether it's action or reaction, we each decide what we do and how we do it, and we each have to accept the responsibility for that.
"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

It's really not that hard. Just tell me a story.

deloughy
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby deloughy » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:38 am

It sucks that he's gone, but he had a gross overreaction to something very frivolous.

Sticks and stones, sticks and stones....
What we do in life echoes in eternity.

Next

Return to Take it Outside!