Good Bye

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
jaus tail
Lieutenant

Good Bye

Postby jaus tail » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:17 am

A fellow forumite thinks my stories were inane.

If the stories were inane, others wouldn't have replied on those stories. Inane means silly. My stories weren't silly.

He says, my stories hijacked the thread in which the person had placed his sample of writing. I agree, but the use of word inane was not required.

This forum has helped me a lot and thanks but even i've helped others. I aint doing any accounting here who's helped me more and have i helped less. it's been cool posting my stories here.

Good luck with your lives.

Have a great life ahead, and don't say, 'be happy you've only locked the thread.'

i dont need your happiness.

it was nice being a member of this forum. i enjoyed the stories as my own creativity got enhanced.
Have a nice day

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Re: Good Bye

Postby mammamaia » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:23 am

why leave, jaus?

why let the words of one rude person drive you off the site, when the rest of us have respected you as a fellow member?

i hope you will change your mind and remain...

love and hugs, maia
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

jaus tail
Lieutenant

Postby jaus tail » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:24 am

the use of word inane wasnt required. it is so humiliating. if you have problem with my story, say so. i wont write but why inane. what do you mean by inane.

fine i wont hijack any threads, say so then. say that 'listen, stop hijacking threads of others.'
Last edited by jaus tail on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have a nice day

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:26 am

I'm with Maia and I know there are plenty of others besides me that wish you would stay.

The forum won't be the same without you. :cry:

jaus tail
Lieutenant

Postby jaus tail » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:30 am

when i post a reply or send a pm, i read it twice before submitting it. i make sure i'm not using any words that might offend anyone. Yes i've had fights here, but they were open discussions.

if someone has any problem with anyone that person can always send a pm first, politely say, 'listen man restrict your stories in conversation forum' or to your own threads and not mine.

but mud slashing and using derogatory terms isnt cool.
Have a nice day

Elibet1
Lieutenant

Postby Elibet1 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:05 pm

I want you to stay too Jaus. Don't walk away from something that you've said helped you grow as a writer. You are part of the family here and it would be too sad to see you go.

Hoping you will change your mind and stay,
Elizabeth

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:18 pm

NO ONE should be driven away by the words of another.

But I have to say that leaving over "inane" is a bit odd. "Inane," right? Not "insane"?

Regardless, Jaus, don't give that person that much power over you. If you feel that strongly, report the post. Even if in IM. Let the site stand up for you. From what I've seen from pls, he will.
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:41 pm

Here's the rest of the story - the real issue to which I was directed as a mod was a critique thread hijacking, personal attacks, and a discussion that was dissolving into insults: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=73918.

The word "inane" was used to describe several responses in this thread, not just one. If someone decides to extract a critical word (in a critique thread) and apply it to himself in order to become a victim … well, that's his choice.

I'll leave this thread open as long as it does not descend into personal attacks. Discuss away!
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

shadowwalker
Captain

Postby shadowwalker » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:23 pm

Sometimes it's best to step back, take a few deep breaths, and consider what really happened, versus letting emotions get in the way and cutting off one's nose to spite one's face, as the saying goes. I've been a mod on other sites; I never ask someone to remain if they decide to leave, regardless of what they've done on the site or my opinion of their reason for leaving. I've left a few sites in my time - never felt the need to announce it though. I just left. Made it a lot easier when, maybe days or weeks or months later, I decided to go back to a couple of them again. No sense burning bridges, but that's JMO.
"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

It's really not that hard. Just tell me a story.

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:08 pm

That certainly changed my picture of what happened.

This is a writer's forum. As artists, we can get a bit persnikety from time to time. I like that pls gives us room to hang ourselves.

I would no more comment on religious beliefs in a work in the Spiritual Writing section than I would go to the Mystery Forum and say that all murder mysteries suck.

The critique forums allow us to help each other better how we communicate our work, not to provide a forum for the content of that work, if you know what I mean.
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

Next

Return to Take it Outside!