[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
So you think you're a nice person? Hm... : Take it Outside! • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

So you think you're a nice person? Hm...

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
nhope
Lieutenant

So you think you're a nice person? Hm...

Postby nhope » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:30 am

Check this out and tell me what you think.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-tru ... er-person/

shadowwalker
Captain

Re: So you think you're a nice person? Hm...

Postby shadowwalker » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:48 am

Kinda like that old saying "Nice guys finish last" - true if the only thing they do is be nice.
"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

It's really not that hard. Just tell me a story.

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:16 am

Hey, I'm nice!

Just ask all the survivors... no, the witnesses... wait...

:oops: :twisted:
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:54 am

you can see what i think in the dupe of this thread you posted on critique circle...
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

nhope
Lieutenant

Postby nhope » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:43 pm

Elibet1
Lieutenant

Postby Elibet1 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:36 pm

Read the heading and knew the article was not for me. :mrgreen:

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:22 am

ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:41 am

Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:29 pm

Sorry, Rob, but that's just silly. There's absolutely zero harm done by asking a question at WD and CC. She's going to get more replies this way, and anyone who answers here and also belongs to CC can just ignore the thread at one of the two places...

The more I think about it the more it baffles my mind that anyone could think asking a question on a forum is rude. Most of us aren't members of CC, and even if we were we're in no way obligated to respond to a thread if we don't want to. How could it be a bother to anyone if she posts a question in both sites?

*I might agree with you if she had posted the same question in multiple forums on WD, but even then I don't really see the harm since some people only go into a few forums and might miss a thread they'd actually enjoy participating in.
Last edited by updog on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:31 pm

Oh, and btw, I agreed with the article, Nancy. It's not what you think, but what you do that defines you.

And look at me being all rude by double-posting. ;)
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

Next

Return to Take it Outside!