[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
GOING BACK : Take it Outside! • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

GOING BACK

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
Deb E
Lieutenant Colonel

GOING BACK

Postby Deb E » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:00 am

Going back to traditional publishing. I spent the last week, every single day, trying to get my story uploaded to Kindle. I even took the day off of work. Every attempt gets my manuscript more and more screwed up. I got to the point the last time of saving it to Web Page Filtered. All the formatting I had was gone. The pages all merged together. It was a mess. I have no funds to hire someone to sit by me through the process and no one will volunteer. So, as much as I dislike my traditional publisher and miss out on all my profits, I'm going back. (My doctor said to reduce stress in my life.)
Debra Easterling
www.debraeasterling.com

Oldtimer
Colonel

Re: GOING BACK

Postby Oldtimer » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:01 am

I'm sorry to read of your frustration, Deb. I have a book on Kindle but I first published it through CreateSpace and they downloaded it to KDP for me, so I had none your hassles. But let me cheer you up a bit. I ordered a copy of your Twenty Miles North of Lvov last week and am eagerly looking forward to its arrival. :)
Last edited by Oldtimer on Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:33 am

ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Deb E
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Deb E » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:14 pm

No Mommamaia. Not at all. Just forget about it.
Debra Easterling
www.debraeasterling.com

Deb E
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Deb E » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:09 am

Thank you so much, Dorothy. That means a lot. I hope you enjoy it. Please review it on Amazon for me.
Debra Easterling
www.debraeasterling.com

Deb E
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Deb E » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:31 pm

THANK YOU. I FINALLY DID IT!!

PLEASE CHECK OUT MY FUN LITTLE NOVELLA.

http://www.amazon.com/BOUNDARY-WATERS-e ... Easterling
Debra Easterling
www.debraeasterling.com

Elibet1