[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Are we heading for Utopia or Dystopia? : Take it Outside! • Page 4 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Are we heading for Utopia or Dystopia?

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Re: Are we heading for Utopia or Dystopia?

Postby mammamaia » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:34 am

ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:46 am

"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

rosebud
Major

Postby rosebud » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:03 pm

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:00 pm

Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:14 pm

ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:57 pm

"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:59 am

ok... thanks for the info...

nhope
Lieutenant

Postby nhope » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:41 pm

Great thread, great responses, great discussion. We should have more of these.

I don't think we are "headed" for either, I think life is an ebb and flow of start ups, failures, and taking turns. Whether America, Europe, China, or Australia is the "best" this very second doesn't matter because we will all rise, fall, and attempt to rise again. There is no end, just repeats. Maybe we already had our Utopia and blew it.

Define Utopia. Define Dystopia. What's the scope? USA? Earth? The Universe? How about your state? Town? Family? Further - your own mind. There is always something someone wants beyond what they have, be it money, personality, fame, health, success, environment, love. There will always be greed countered by satisfaction. There will always be bullies and wallflowers, seekers and finders, lovers and haters. People will not change. Government, corporate, and the liars of the world will keep us poisoned and sedated, making their money off plastics and pills while knowingly and slowly killing us off using the ruse that a cure is close but they know it will never be revealed because that would lead to their own demise, and that simply will not do.

One day the "smart ones" will break off to find their own land populated with trees, berries, fruits and nuts by the ocean, and will proceed by the tales of their ancestors to cure and calm using what was given originally on this earth. Decades later those who are dissatisfied will venture forth, creating yet another pathway to a different end, while the rest of the world cycles through the inevitable, until someone pushes the button and those who survive get blueprint rights to create once again, what seems to be the best for the majority of the whole, and they will think their world is much better than the one before, until the next button gets pushed.

jaus tail
Lieutenant

Postby jaus tail » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:35 am

There is utopia, there is dystopia
Oh this world, where is Victoria
My neighbour wishes money
I wish height
Souzie wishes jewellery
And Mary wants sight

We seek what we miss
Take the challenging risk
The adrenalin pumps us high
And we reach the peak

But then we see down
And faces have frowns
Some green with envy
Some enjoy our party

There is utopia, there is dystopia
Oh this world, where is Victoria
My neighbour wishes car
His wife wishes career
The son wishes football
And daughter wants guitar
But sadly they have school
And Ms Keene is not cool
The dog ate ma homework
But Keene won’t budge

She made me extend my hand
And bam, bam, bam
I cried in agony
And vowed her a malady
And then next week
She entered the class
I threw her a lizard
And cockroaches, snakes and birds

She jumped up the ceiling
Her spine was chilling
I was glad and hero and proud with face grinning

Keene went home and yelled at her sons
So I had utopia but they had dystopia
And we still don’t know
Where is Victoria
Have a nice day

nhope
Lieutenant

Postby nhope » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:10 am

I like that Jaus. Well done.

PreviousNext

Return to Take it Outside!