[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Men crying : Take it Outside! • Page 3 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Men crying

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
deloughy
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: Men crying

Postby deloughy » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:08 am

I disagree as well, at least in my case. I don't cry because I think I'm detached from emotion when it comes to sadness. However, I laugh a lot. A LOT. I laugh so loud I'll embarrass my friends in restaurants. Maybe I'm just naturally happier than some people. I don't want to deal with people being upset because it drags down my day. I don't know. Whatever. I can't figure it out. But that's how I am. :)
What we do in life echoes in eternity.

TNE
Private First Class

Postby TNE » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:39 pm

deloughy

Postby deloughy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:57 pm

I don't really have time or a way to make the dead one sympathetic or whatever. This little portion of the story is the only part with her in it and it occurs as a flashback. She is not a main character in the book and during this five-minute or so flashback you find out there was someone he loved that was killed and it gives new meaning to his mission. If you have suggestions on how to make a five-minute cameo character sympathetic I am open to suggestions, otherwise I was only concerned with showing my hero's side.

TNE
Private First Class

Postby TNE » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:15 pm

deloughy

Postby deloughy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:54 pm

TNE
Private First Class

Postby TNE » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:25 pm

deloughy

Postby deloughy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:55 pm

No, she's not possessing him and he's not devoted to doing her bidding. She just had an influence on him years ago and it shows in his actions today. I wouldn't think deus ex machina at all. He has the power he needs to escape all along, he just figures out how to use it through his flashbacks. There's a build up, it's not out of the blue at the end of the book. If you're talking about red herrings as a means of tricking the reader, I don't intend to do that.

TNE
Private First Class

Postby TNE » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:44 pm

deloughy

Postby deloughy » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:27 am

TNE
Private First Class