Sigh!

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
Deb E
Lieutenant Colonel

Sigh!

Postby Deb E » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:56 pm

Got my statement from my book publishers. A whole 3 people bought my books this quarter. My emotions are going every direction at once. I'm not sure if I'm upset with my book, the people I thought would support me, the publisher, or my economic failures this year. I understand that sometimes in life we fail. However, it's supposed to be balanced by some sort of occasional success. I'm struggling to hold on until I see the upswing. My grip is getting so weak.

I want to thank my son, Clay, for his original Valentine's gift on purchasing my book so I would have a printed copy. It was so sweet of him. I will treasure it.
Debra Easterling
www.debraeasterling.com

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Re: Sigh!

Postby mammamaia » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:43 pm

how long has your book been on the market?... how many total copies have sold so far?

be proud of the fact that you finished a novel and it snagged a publisher in the first place... that's beating the odds big time... and then, that they actually printed it and distributed it [which doesn't always happen]... so, you've got several major accomplishments to pat yourself on the back for... and don't you dare equate not selling more with 'failure' since there are jillions of wannabe published authors out there who'd love to be in your shoes, girl!

love and proud o' ya hugs, maia
Last edited by mammamaia on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Re: Sigh!

Postby James A. Ritchie » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:52 am

I know it's tough, but try not to be disappointed with sales from any single book. I've had books do very well, but I also have one book that's been on the market for twenty years, and still hasn't earned out its meager advance. Sometimes a book just doesn't click, and all you can do is write another one.

Return to Take it Outside!