[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
"Have you been tanning?", she asked... : Take it Outside! • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

"Have you been tanning?", she asked...

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
KarenRankowitz
General of the Army

Postby KarenRankowitz » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:37 am

KarenRankowitz
General of the Army

Postby KarenRankowitz » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:37 am

I was at Walmart  yesterday...ran into a friend.

"You look like you have some color in your face, have you been tanning?", she asked me.

Now, it had been raining for 3 days straight, big Nor'Easter here in CT.

So, I stare at her with eyes wide and a really dumb look on my face...

"Tanning? Well, no...it's been raining...like a lot." I say.

"OH, but you look reddish, I just thought maybe you were tanning somewhere."

"Oh, that...it's just menopause slipping it's sorry a** in, and I hate it when it does that...see what you have to look forward to."  I say to my 30 something 'friend' while I fanned my face with the latest tabloid.

I let her go ahead of me in line...

I didn't want her to see I had 'Boost' in my cart.  And really, the boost was not for me it's for my hubby.

Cider with Susie
Lieutenant

RE: "Have you been tanning?", she asked...

Postby Cider with Susie » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:51 am

Don't worry, take no notice of your friend. As you say, she has that to look forward to. I think colour in the face can look quite becoming. I always have colour in my face, due to embarrassment, or heat, or high blood pressure...
I feel like I've been having hot flashes since I was twelve! I'm always overheating.

P.S What is 'Boost' ?

KarenRankowitz
General of the Army

Postby KarenRankowitz » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:24 am

looneywriter
General of the Army

Postby looneywriter » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:09 pm

I am 29 and I drink Ensure all the time. I like it. The Butter Pecan is my favorite. :)

I would rather have hot flashes than all this once a month garbage!

Return to Take it Outside!