[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Ninja: Noun-Placement : Take it Outside! • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Ninja: Noun-Placement

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
Abishai100
Private E-1

Ninja: Noun-Placement

Postby Abishai100 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:46 am

A ninja (忍者?) or shinobi (忍び?) was a covert agent or mercenary in feudal Japan. The functions of the ninja included espionage, sabotage, infiltration, assassination and guerrilla warfare (source of information: Wikipedia).

Ninjas have been depicted in popular culture, in films such as American Ninja and in video games such as Ninja Gaiden.

Ninjas are not like samurai (warriors who display an explicit code of honor) or Navy SEALS (American infiltrators trained for special operations) in that they are simply mercenaries with the skills to conduct covert attacks or extractions.

Ninjas usually wear face-covering cloth and wear body-hugging outfits to augment their body control and masquerade.

In the American film Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps, the wily investor-tycoon Gordon Gekko remarks how the modern age, complete with all kinds of 'access sophistication' tools, is like the 'ninja generation,' compelled to evaluate how infiltration and masquerade are all part of the 'network-insider game.'

The word 'ninja' has become a term used to generally discuss ideas bout stealth and effective/efficient infiltration and/or execution. We can use 'ninja' therefore to understand teamwork psycho-sociology.

I like using the ninja to evaluate behavioural deception (e.g., Internet hackers).

8-)

Ninja (Wikipedia):

LilliesCarol
Colonel

Re: Ninja: Noun-Placement

Postby LilliesCarol » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:51 pm

Many years ago, I knew a young man in England who called himself Ninja. When I asked him what Ninja meant, he explained that is what they called a motorcycle. Thus he took up the name Ninjaboy. Therefore, I always thought a Ninja was a motorcycle made in England. I guess it makes better sense now with the real meaning behind a Ninja. Umm doesn't the world get more and more interesting every day you learn something new. I wonder how Harley Davidson would feel about that? Their main office is right in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, just 100 miles down 41. Should they have called their bikes Ninja's? Don't that beat all? UMMMM!!
Long, long afterward in an oak I found the arrow still unbroke
And the song from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

pls
Site Admin

Re: Ninja: Noun-Placement

Postby pls » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:25 pm

The "Ninja" is actually a Kawasaki.

What boggles my mind is the proliferation of bikes now made here in the USA. Even Indian is back.

And I have no idea what the point is of Abisha100's post. Maybe it's just cleverly-disguised spam?
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Return to Take it Outside!