[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Do you like Windows 10 and the Edge browser? : Take it Outside! • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Do you like Windows 10 and the Edge browser?

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
Dreaming Imrryr
Sergeant First Class

Do you like Windows 10 and the Edge browser?

Postby Dreaming Imrryr » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:24 pm

deleted
Last edited by Dreaming Imrryr on Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Terry T.A. Rodgers
Site Admin

Re: Do you like Windows 10 and the Edge browser?

Postby Terry T.A. Rodgers » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:38 am

I'm one that likes upgrades but hates change. I get use to how an app works and then they change it. I still need to mess with it more to find all of the tools. I like menus: file, edit, view, tool, help. When I can't find those I get a little peeved.

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:56 am

I'm something of a keyboard junkie. Meaning I remember all kinds of shortcut keys to bring things up (i.e. in MS Word, CTRL+B toggle bold on and off). The menus are USUALLY ALT+<first letter>. ALT+F for File menu, for example. Once you get the menus to display, you can usually navigate with the arrow keys should the mouse not work.
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:30 am

ShortyMe
Private E-1

Postby ShortyMe » Sat May 07, 2016 1:34 pm

I won't touch my Edge browser with a 10 foot pole...Startpage.com is my browser preference. As for Windows 10: I have it & it's ok, but since I've had it my laptop --ever so often 'it' & my laptop get into an argument my laptop loses. Result: laptop crashes, or whatever you want to call it, and it gives me a note that says it's going to re-start and the problem is something to do with a 'whea' (or is it 'wheta'?) error...<sigh>. I'm not tech savvie, when that gene was called out for in heaven, I must have been picking roses on the far end of the garden, or something like that!

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Tue May 17, 2016 1:53 pm

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:30 pm

NO

bleeping no!

still learning 8.1
dont want to learn yet another new opsys
that was forced on me without my permission

i am going to load ubuntu over windoze on my laptop and get stability and security

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:56 pm

Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

shadowwalker
Captain

Postby shadowwalker » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:34 pm

I've still got 7, and would still have XP if my computer hadn't died. Not because I don't like change - I just don't see a need to "fix what ain't broke". Especially when most of the "improvements" I've run into are a pain in the butt, and don't really improve anything. They're just different. Fancy bells and whistles are just more noise to me.

If what I have does the job I need it to do, I'm happy. That's why I still have 7, why my cell phone is over 10 years old, and my truck just celebrated its 21st birthday. :lol:
"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

It's really not that hard. Just tell me a story.

TwoStepCharlie
Private First Class

Postby TwoStepCharlie » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:33 pm

Definitely not 'aboard' with this never-ending train ride to the next pointless upgrade so that big corporations can have more of my money.
Their constantly forcing tech on me is a racket. It's driven by the PC-gaming kiddie crowd.

People with full, rich lives do not need computers 24/7, 365. These stupid machines offer nothing but a zilch level of 'quality-of-life'. As an American, I follow the precepts of Henry David Thoreau and Ralph Waldo Emerson whenever possible. Simple living is the best living. I do not need a global positioning system to tell me how to cross an intersection.

Specifically when it comes to Windows 10, (which is a piece of garbage, function-wise) you now start to see how evil Microsoft truly is. Just like FB and Google, they're all out to build 'cradle-to-grave databases' on citizens--- in order to sell that info to advertisers and marketers. That is the mega-business at work here. The fine print in the contract of Windows Ten! Have you read it? You agree to Microsoft sifting and extracting whatever they want from any of the communication which takes place via this operating system. Any email, any webpage you visit, is recorded by Win10. How do you like that? I sure don't.
Blow up the bridge?!

Return to Take it Outside!