[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
JK Rowling shares rejection letters : Take it Outside! • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

JK Rowling shares rejection letters

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
updog
General of the Army

JK Rowling shares rejection letters

Postby updog » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:07 am

JK Rowling posted some of her pseudonym's rejection letters on twitter to encourage other writers. Thought you all might enjoy it also.
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

onceuponwednesday
Major

Re: JK Rowling shares rejection letters

Postby onceuponwednesday » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:58 am

I wish she made it bigger so it was easier to read. I had to slide my bifocals over the end of my binoculars to get close enough to see.

I'd like to see her Harry Potter rejections, because the agents and publishers were definitely wrong about that. I wonder how many of them said 'uh wizards, no kid's going to want to read about that these days.'
The Rule of Three

Crono91
Lieutenant

Postby Crono91 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:10 am

I kind of have an unpopular opinion about reading famous author's rejection letters. :o
Be proud of your mistakes when they form from blinding passion. But now edit them.

skymessenger
Private E-1

Postby skymessenger » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:53 pm

It's reassuring to know that even famous writers had their struggles at the start. It's also encouraging and exciting. Your book might be coal to someone but gold to another

SRaaymakers
Private E-1

Postby SRaaymakers » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:50 pm

She's made literally a billion dollars on those novels now. That publisher must really regret that decision.
Check out my facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/stevenraaymakersauthor/

Return to Take it Outside!