[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Do you remember the stars? : Take it Outside! • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Do you remember the stars?

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
Oldtimer
Colonel

Do you remember the stars?

Postby Oldtimer » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:23 pm

Just fooling around here, trying to remember the color coding of the stars that used to represent how many posts we had written. I think this is my 2146th post, so would this be right?
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

LilliesCarol
Colonel

Re: Do you remember the stars?

Postby LilliesCarol » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:56 am

Oh my gosh, Dorothy. Yes, I do remember. What ever happened to that? It sort of a neat way of saying look how much and how nicely I am contributing. Thanks for remembering our lucky stars.
Long, long afterward in an oak I found the arrow still unbroke
And the song from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:35 am

no clue, but i always liked being able to see at a glance how many comparative posts the other members have made... i was up into 5 figures on one of the other sites i'd been posting on for years, so the symbols [bars of various hues] were getting too long to deal with...
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:36 am

yikes!... just noticed i've chalked up more than both of you combined...
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Terry T.A. Rodgers
Site Admin

Postby Terry T.A. Rodgers » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:40 pm

Must have been a feature prior to merging the site with Wordpress. I've looked and only the rank thing I turned on is there.

I can change the rank thing if anyone has a better idea.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:03 pm

Yeah, the star ranking was before the conversion to WordPress/phpBB. I never paid much attention to it.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

G-Girl2
Sergeant First Class

Postby G-Girl2 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:25 pm

By the second time you lose it all to a forced name change the fun's kind of out of it. :D I remember the stars but not which color was which.

Terry T.A. Rodgers
Site Admin

Postby Terry T.A. Rodgers » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:50 am

Via research there are a ton of different color stars and bars, ect... I can ask Brian to see if they'll load them up for us to take a look at them. Might take some time.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:31 am

Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

Return to Take it Outside!