[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
politics - enter at your own risk : Take it Outside! • Page 3 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

politics - enter at your own risk

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
pls
Site Admin

Re: politics - enter at your own risk

Postby pls » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:05 pm

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

LMGilbert
Lieutenant

Postby LMGilbert » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:34 am

I'd say it's greed & recessive genes, but hey, I'm an outsider, thank god.

Rosedarling
Sergeant First Class

Postby Rosedarling » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:43 pm

Hi Lori. Long time no see. I have a new name but if you read the fine print you'll see it's rosebud.

In order to have a middle, Terry, you have to have extremists on either end. But it seems like we had more people in the middle, which we probably still do. The extremists are just getting louder with a media that feeds their hate. Sometimes I feel like shoving my hand through the screen and smacking the speaker on the head, but then I have good manners. My hand would't go through the screen anyway. :mrgreen:
Formerly known as rosebud
https://rosaliehovis.wordpress.com

TwoStepCharlie
Private First Class

Postby TwoStepCharlie » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:41 pm

The #1 reaction I have to politics (not this forum, I mean --but in real life, such as the workplace or wherever) is for everyone to stop talking about it. Because nothing ever changes. And none of us know anything. No one ever has anything to say about it which is new; no one's remarks ever contain any real insights (much less, any accurate insider-information). So it's little better than people chatting about the Oscars.

The system is what the system is, it's not designed to change. But what makes it all the more aggravating is the constant waves of simpletons and n00bs who prattle over it as if they have something relevant to say. How can we? We follow politics like we follow TV shows. Does anyone possibly imagine that anything we see on TV is real or true? Not hardly.

Now if I happened to be sitting next to Noam Chomsky on a plane, sure. I'd be interested in hearing his views on the Roman Empire. But contemporary politics? What's the point? Anyone who works in government --especially at the leadership level--is automatically a scumbag. The government itself doesn't give a damn about any citizens. It's all just a giant money-grab and an old-boy network, plus a traveling carnival act to keep everyone distracted from actually examining what's going on. They have never told us the truth and they never will.

Is this shocking to anyone?
Blow up the bridge?!

shamrock.9967
Private E-2

Election

Postby shamrock.9967 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:27 pm

Hillary is a flawed but sane candidate. Trump is a sociopath. Hillary's sins are misdemeanors. Trump's sins are felonies. Voting for Trump is akin to strapping on a suicide vest and blowing yourself up in a crowded marketplace. Don't do it.

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Re: Election

Postby James A. Ritchie » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:05 am

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:13 pm

Time will tell what Trump is (and is not). I predicted, when Trump first announced his candidacy, that he would appeal to a demographic of angry and disaffected people who would vote for him, and that if they weren't accounted for, he'd win.

He won, didn't he? And in ways none of the pundits and pollster saw coming, did they?

Already, the hyperbole is out there. I've been kicked from one site because the above was considered "gloating over ruined lives." Not my words. Theirs.

Ruined Lives? Whose lives are those? Trump's not even officially elected yet, much less in office.

I'm not looking forward to a Trump presidency. But I'm waiting to see how lathered up The Left gets over their chosen savior being turned aside by the US electorate.
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:33 pm

Like millions of other voters, I'm highly disappointed.

But I'm not going to comment or speculate until Trump takes office and actually takes action. Then you may hear from me.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

shamrock.9967
Private E-2

Postby shamrock.9967 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:30 pm

Well, the pin is out of the grenade. Vladimir Putin is happy. David Duke and the white supremacists are delighted. Donald's buddies at the FBI are exchanging high fives. I realise that Trump voters think that, though it's now open season on the rest of us--latinos, muslims, the disabled, blacks, gays, democrats, women who object to being rated, groped and sexually assaulted--they will be safe. That, as well documented as Donald's vindictive streak is, he won't harass, prosecute, jail or rendition them to some Russian gulag. I have news for them. Nuclear weapons do not discriminate. Soon, Trump will have access to the codes. We have only his famously high self regard to protect us. The result of this election is no less than an international tragedy.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:01 am

If a bull is led into a china shop that contains chipped collectibles or rubbish posing as items of worth, is it such a bad thing?
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

PreviousNext

Return to Take it Outside!