[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
I'm out. : Take it Outside! • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

I'm out.

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
robjvargas
Captain

I'm out.

Postby robjvargas » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:06 pm

Yeah, I've submitted my last spam report.

I'll drop by now and again to see if anything's changed. But until it does, I'm done.

WD, you've created a user experience that favors fraud. Yeah, you've got people to undo it. But you've completely abandoned any utility that COULD mitigate this.

How many times in all these years have ANY of those Korean (presumed) gambling site names ever been in non-spam posts? How many times any of the drug names? How many cyrillic posts are there that have not been deleted as spam?

You don't want false positives. I don't want 27 pages of spam posts when I login in the morning.

I don't imagine that my absence is going to affect your bottom line, since I've already unsubscribed from your magazine. But until this changes, I'm out.
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Re: I'm out.

Postby Oldtimer » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:25 pm

So sorry to read this, Rob. I hope you'll be back soon.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:07 pm

I hate to see you leave, Rob, but I can totally understand your frustration. I hope they get the problems fixed, but I'm not holding my breath for it.
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:37 am

you'll be missed, rob!

i may not be far behind you... keep my email address handy, in case you ever need a second opinion, or help with anything... you've been a stalwart and courteously helpful presence... i wish you well...

love and hugs, maia
maia3maia@hotmail.com
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

onceuponwednesday
Major

Postby onceuponwednesday » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:26 pm

Aww, that's just sadness. You've added your own deep and heady flavour to the broth of this place, it's a shame. Good luck.
The Rule of Three

George2
Private E-2

Postby George2 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:41 pm

I've been thinking the same as foreign invaders, presumably Koreans, have repeatedly turned me away
from here. I cannot fathom their purpose in contaminating this site but, unless WD can stop them, IMO
the Forum will go out of existence.
George 2 (previously just George)

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:02 am

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:51 am

Has anyone tried banning any post that has a Korean letter in the subject line?

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:54 am

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

TerryRodgers
Site Admin

Postby TerryRodgers » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:36 am

There is a way to ban based on the strange characters, unfortunately WD prevented all the extra abilities to block spam by using wordpress and phpbb together. I turned on several CAPTCHA settings, but none of them work. The only one that did work, is I changed the posting of links to 3 only. I also changed the time between posts, meaning you can not post but once every x minutes.

Next

Return to Take it Outside!