[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Hillary Clinton makes my skin crawl... : Take it Outside! • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Hillary Clinton makes my skin crawl...

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
George2
Private E-2

Hillary Clinton makes my skin crawl...

Postby George2 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:28 pm

Due to her name and political support, she is a frontrunner for the presidency regardless of her demonstrated lack of leadership,
accomplishments and competency including as stumbling Secretary of State. Good grief!

G

robjvargas
Captain

Re: Hillary Clinton makes my skin crawl...

Postby robjvargas » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:31 am

Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

TerryRodgers
Site Admin

Postby TerryRodgers » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:45 am

Unfortunately, people never vote for the best candidate. They vote party line, now race, and possible in the future, gender.

As for best candidate. I haven't seen one in my lifetime.

onceuponwednesday
Major

Postby onceuponwednesday » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:21 pm

I wrote a simple haiku to help you vote.

Is it a Marco,
Or a rand, or Hillary?
No, it's Super Pac.
The Rule of Three

George2
Private E-2

Postby George2 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:53 am

Last edited by George2 on Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:56 am

Bill Clinton's antics are utterly irrelevant to Hillary's credentials. His actions were in office. Her's were and are completely private.

Maybe next time you can answer the question instead of presuming the attitude of the person asking the question.

I'm done.
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

TerryRodgers
Site Admin

Postby TerryRodgers » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:17 am

Maybe I'm missing something, but both of you dislike her, so I don't understand what the problem is?

Also, Rob said he hit report by accident, not on purpose. And I deleted the report because I knew it was on accident.

As far as I'm concerned there are currently no good candidates on either side. All are corrupted. All are in it for themselves. No one cares about the country anymore. Eventually, the country will go bankrupt. And the rich can't pay for it no matter what people think. :twisted:

The worst quote ever created: I'll vote for the lessor of two evils.

LilliesCarol
Colonel

Postby LilliesCarol » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:23 am

I usually don't get into political rants, but I do have a few things to say.

I read an article after the Clintons left the White House, saying that she was one of the most demanding and self-serving first ladys the White House staff had ever had to work with. True or not, she "won" the job of Secy or State as a pacifier from Obama, as not being his VP. I think he knew of her dictatorial attitude on many issues.

As for Jeb Bush, we lived in Florida for 23 years. When we first moved to Florida, Childs was governor. What a horrible mess he made/stole of and from the state. I cannot praise governor Bush for cleaning up the mess and putting Florida on an even keel. He is the most intelligent of the Bush clan and is married to a South American woman, who also is very intelligent. Don't forget, Miami is considered the "Little Cuba" and had many problems to deal with, which he handled adeptly, aside from the many positive things he enacted to build a better Florida.

As for Governor Walker from Wisconsin, my home state, I can say that he also cleaned up the mess in Wisconsin and we are now out of the hole we were in. However, I don't believe he would be a good candidate for president, as I feel is not well versed on international affairs, which in my estimation is a very important part of the presidency. So who do you vote for? Ask Donald Trump to really run for President? or Warren Buffet????l HA HA HA I just had to leave this mess with a little bit of humor.
Long, long afterward in an oak I found the arrow still unbroke
And the song from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

TerryRodgers
Site Admin

Postby TerryRodgers » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:24 am

Although Warren Buffet was a joke, I do believe you're on the right track. Our country is in bad need of a financial expert. Someone that can reshape the country from the ground up like a business because that is exactly what the U.S. is--a business. So we need to revamp everything, starting with all tax laws, the IRS, and anything else that brings in money. Redo it all and make it a fair flat tax and eliminate all the other stupid taxes that are bleeding us to death. Every other policy that the candidates stand for take money, and we have none left.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:30 am

As a dyed-in-the-wool Republican all my life … I would never vote for a Tea-Party candidate (and so far the clowns who've announced their candidacies don't tempt me a bit) and would hesitate greatly before voting for a Democratic presidential candidate (state and local … my votes are all over the place). Right now creepy Hilary is the front runner. The Republicans need to hustle to put someone in the running who will be at least equal in strength to Hilary.

On the other hand, I think she'd do a much better job than her husband did.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Return to Take it Outside!