[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
no threads/posts for over 3 weeks? : Take it Outside! • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

no threads/posts for over 3 weeks?

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

no threads/posts for over 3 weeks?

Postby mammamaia » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:36 am

can it be true that there has been not a single new thread or new post in this section for that long? :o

or did a lot of legit threads get dumped by mistake, along with a flood of spam?
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

pls
Site Admin

Re: no threads/posts for over 3 weeks?

Postby pls » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:42 pm

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:35 am

seems to me the amount of legit site traffic has dropped drastically, thanks to the spamming and logging in problems that just keep getting worse...

it's sad..................... :(
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

G-Girl2
Sergeant First Class

Postby G-Girl2 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:17 pm

The spam is a big part of it—the time of day I'm most likely to come here is the same time the spammers hit. I don't always have the patience to guess how many pages I should advance through to find a legitimate thread.

I first joined shortly before you and Paul. I left my original user name behind for personal reasons and became G-Girl (and then later G-Girl2 when I could no longer log on with that name) so I share your sadness and frustration with where this forum is heading. I blame a lot of the wholesale defection on the new (and now defunct) forum. When traffic fell off here many left and never returned, and many who fell in love with the new forum couldn't seem to transition back here when it shut down. (I hated everything about it except the blogging aspect). I also think the money wasted on it has impacted the willingness to spend money here.

I don't come here that often anymore, and when I do I'm always looking for the names of the missing. And, on those rare occasions I do see them, it's generally some spammer resurrecting an old thread they found on an Internet search in an effort to appear legit.

I'm not ready to give up yet but ...
Last edited by G-Girl2 on Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:23 pm

I was really sad when they upgraded the forum and we lost the stars under our names. I was very afraid to comment when I first joined, and gaining stars was motivation to get over it and post. :lol:

I don't think it's been the same here since they "improved" the site. A bunch of of long time members got locked out during the update, and seems most never made it back in. People who used to post on the forums every day disappeared without a trace. The only good thing about the spammers is they occasionally bring up an old thread and I get to see posts by old friends.

Only the truly courageous would dare to join this site if their first look around was between 10 p.m. - 6 a.m. central time. But as for longtime members, I think the login issues are hurting us as much as the spammers are. For many, it's just too frustrating trying to get into the forums. I've been lucky to have had very few issues in that regard (knocks on wood), but I know it's been very frustrating for others.
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

mammamaia
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby mammamaia » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:55 am

G-Girl2
Sergeant First Class

Postby G-Girl2 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:05 am

I can't imagine that being locked out would keep someone away for good unless they were ready to move on. True, I let a few months go by before I gave up and created a new account with a different email, but that was as much life getting in the way as frustration over problems on the site. I wish I could stay logged in, but I can't. I wish the banner ads didn't obscure the top of every first post on the page when using my iPad, but they do. I expect little annoyances from time to time—and I've no problem ignoring them for the most part—but the spam is another story.

Return to Take it Outside!