Totally out of place here, but...

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
kerrymichaelwood
Captain

RE: Totally out of place here, but...

Postby kerrymichaelwood » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:10 am

I realize the family probably gave up generations ago and acceded to US pronunciation. They probably should have changed the spelling as well to Farve. James. you say "every last person I know pronounced his name as it's spelled, which ain't the way he pronounces it." I'm not sure I've ever herd Brett say his own last name. But if people pronounce it as it's spelled, they would have to say FAHVruh. I've never heard anyone do so.

LilliesCarol
Colonel

Re: Totally out of place here, but...

Postby LilliesCarol » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:02 am

You've got to be a Packer Backer to pronounce Brett's name the way he does. It's a shame that he is insisting that the ceremony for his number 4 jersey be retired to the Packer Hall of Fame Lambeau Field museum, in the Packer atrium only and not out on the field. All those who want to watch the ceremony and can't get in the atrium will have to watch on the big screen out on the field. To boot, they are also charging money at both levels to see the ceremony. Money, the root of all evils. GRRRRR

Hey JMar where have you been hiding? Nice to see you haunting the halls again.
Long, long afterward in an oak I found the arrow still unbroke
And the song from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

G-Girl2
Sergeant First Class

Re: Totally out of place here, but...

Postby G-Girl2 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:53 am

Actually some doofus spammer did an Internet search for "hernia" and then awakened this dead thread with some herniated spam. I hate this even worse than the usual spam---I can't count the times I've been so happy to see an old, familiar username only to be disappointed.

Previous

Return to Take it Outside!