[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Totally out of place here, but... : Take it Outside! • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Totally out of place here, but...

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
jmar2
Major General

Postby jmar2 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:01 pm

jmar2
Major General

Postby jmar2 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:01 pm

is it just me or do any of you also find the Manny Ramirez trade from Boston to LA, (Red Sox to Dodgers), is a really stupid one that rewards arrogance and laziness.  I know if any of you are Dodger fans you're no doubt pleased.  Just be careful what you wish for.  Last I knew, baseball was a team sport.  Like many modern "athletes", Mr. Ramirez seems to forget that whenever things don't go his way.

Just ranting.  In my opinion, "stars" like this should be all sent on a one-way bus ride to Toledo, and that includes the great Favre.  (Forgive me Mudhen fans)

Wordminer
Sergeant

Re: Totally out of place here, but...

Postby Wordminer » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:03 pm

I agree. They should deal with those guys the way Mr. Deeds dealt with the football player who demanded more money than his contract called for. :)

TheRazor
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby TheRazor » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:07 pm

You have to have a big ego to play at that high of a level. Look a Farve and what he is doing to his team for the sake of himself. Look at T.O. and Randy Moss. I'm sure there's writers out there that are the same way.-DavidG

shayd
Lieutenant

Postby shayd » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:34 am

I live in Boston and, frankly, I won't miss him. I think it will be refreshing NOT to have him be the opening story on the news every night and NOT have to listen to his press conferences where he makes Paris Hilton sound like a Nobel Lauriate. L.A. can have him. Players of his ilk are one of the best reasons I know for watching a little league game over pro-baseball.

klt1117
Lieutenant

Postby klt1117 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:57 pm

Ha! It's great to hear writers rant and rave over sports! It just reminds me that we are still human even though we have this great ability to entertain people with words! :)
I love baseball, especially the Yankees! So when I heard about Manny being traded I thought, "He still will be the same old, Manny, only playing the game because he can not because he loves it!" I just hope Joe Torre can put Manny in line. I guess we will have to wait and see! At least the Yankees won't have to deal with him any more.
And with Farve, is he seriously considering taking $20 mil to stay retired??! I thought he wanted to come back to PLAY!

Kharyn

TheRazor
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby TheRazor » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:44 pm

Shayd, I bet you loved him on the front of the news holding up your two championship trophies.-DavidG

kerrymichaelwood
Captain

RE: Totally out of place here, but...

Postby kerrymichaelwood » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:03 pm

Whether he plays again or not, Bret desrves a place in the Hall of Fame for having a surname Americans can't pronounce. How many previous postings spelled his name incorrectly as Farve. I'm sure he Americanizes the pronunciation of his own name just to avoid the hassle. Thousands of LeFebvres have become LeFevers.

Ah, les pauvres Americains! Their hors d'oeuvres are now "Or derves." Let Favre be FAHvruh even if it causes sports announcers a verbal hernia. If that happens, send them to Le Havre and let them see what the locals say when they pronounce it LeHaver.

spring4321
Lieutenant

Postby spring4321 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:54 am

Jamesaritchie
Commander in Chief

Postby Jamesaritchie » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:49 am

Next

Return to Take it Outside!