HSE 2012 Anyone?

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
jaus tail

Re: HSE 2012 Anyone?

Postby jaus tail » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:05 am

Cindy o Cindy o Cindy,
where art thou, o cindy,
i sent you my story,
some brand the character a victim,
others a poor soul,
but when i thought about the concept, my heart began to roll,

cindy o cindy o cindy,
please confirm my story,
it is about someone, a secret admirer,
it's no competition,
but if there were a genie,
wish#1 make it a competition, winner gets a million
wish#2 make me the winner
wish#3 make a radio active spider bite me

cindy o cindy o cindy,
where art thou, o cindy
Have a nice day

rosebud

Postby rosebud » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:27 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dostxbook

Postby Dostxbook » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:58 am

Two more days! Two more days!

i have my rough draft completed, and I will revise today. The excitement is building. I can feel it in my bones now, and I hope you do, too. Once we have all the stories in, I will provide more details on how the holiday story exchange will work from here out.
Stephen Book

jaus tail

Postby jaus tail » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:21 pm

When and where would the stories be put up for display? I checked back in the main post and saw that the stories would be posted on some blog, like gruesomely mutilated bodies of intergalactic invaders as a word of caution to further aliens :o
Have a nice day

rosebud

Postby rosebud » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:35 pm

jaus tail wrote:When and where would the stories be put up for display? I checked back in the main post and saw that the stories would be posted on some blog, like gruesomely mutilated bodies of intergalactic invaders as a word of caution to further aliens :o

Jaus - You'll really like the way they put it together. Last year there was a Christmasy background. I just hope I caught all my typos. I missed a couple in 2011. I can't wait to see how it all turns out. Just so you are prepared we had to enroll in a gmail account to view the stories. I think I've got my password around here somewhere. :|

Dostxbook

Postby Dostxbook » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:15 am

Today is the day!

If you haven't turned in your story to either Cindy or me, then please do so. I'm looking forward to collecting up the goodies and spreading the joy.

For those who haven't been a part of this before, here is what will happen next:
1. Once all the stories are collected, I will post them to a private blog, one that only invited members can see. The stories will still be posted anonymously.
2. Blog invitation will be sent out
3. You can read all the stories (and post responses to them)
4. At a preset date, I will post one more blog entry asking for your guesses on who wrote what. (How's that for alliteration?)
5. At a final date, I will post the author's names beside their stories, along with the winner (the writer who correctly matched the most authors with their respective stories)

Over the next few days, I will ask that you send me the e-mail account you would like to use for the HSE. If you want to create a new e-mail account just for the HSE, that is perfectly acceptable. You can submit those e-mail addresses to me here via the PM system.

Again, I would like to thank each of you for participating, and please be sure to send me any questions you have at this point.
Stephen Book

rosebud

Postby rosebud » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:46 pm

Not exactly sure where to post this question since there are so many hse threads. Buy my question to Stephen is: Since last year we had to open a gmail account to read the stories, should that be the email address I give you? I never check that one and not sure I have my password for it anymore. I'll have to check.

Dostxbook

Postby Dostxbook » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:31 pm

rosebud wrote:Not exactly sure where to post this question since there are so many hse threads. Buy my question to Stephen is: Since last year we had to open a gmail account to read the stories, should that be the email address I give you? I never check that one and not sure I have my password for it anymore. I'll have to check.

Not everyone needs a gmail account. I think a few of the writers last year had a separate e-mail provider. If you want to use your regular e-mail account, that's okay with me; if you want to create a temporary account, that's okay as well. It's up to your personal comfort level.

As for your gmail password, Google should have a "Back Door" option to access your account and reset your password.
Stephen Book

jaus tail

Postby jaus tail » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:06 pm

Hello Cindy,

I had submitted my HSE story to you via PM last week, but it is still in the Outbox folder and not in the sent items folder. Could you please confirm its status?
Last edited by jaus tail on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have a nice day

Dostxbook

Postby Dostxbook » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:22 pm

Jaus,

I'll send Cindy an e-mail and ask her to collect your story.

Thanks.
Stephen Book

PreviousNext

Return to Take it Outside!