[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
audio books : Book Discussion • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

audio books

Read a good book lately? Want to discuss it with others? Share what you're reading and find out what should be on your bookshelf.
rayarnold
Private E-1

audio books

Postby rayarnold » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:16 am

Can anyone suggest me for any website that is good for getting/downloading free ebooks, audio books?

pls
Site Admin

Re: audio books

Postby pls » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:53 am

Smashword and Amazon both have thousands of free e-books, including one of mine.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:04 am

Depends on the genre.

to some free Sci-Fi and Fantasy ebooks. Have you ever looked through ? Literally millions of free books there.
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

rayarnold
Private E-1

Postby rayarnold » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:51 am

Justin Dufault
Private E-1

Postby Justin Dufault » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:11 am

My pick Open Culture and LibriVox. There's a lot available online which you can download for free and some are paid, just ask Google.

John Dodds
Private E-1

Postby John Dodds » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:14 am

Podiobooks.com offers free serialised audiobooks. And there is a free section on Amazon for ebook, but also a great .99c daily offer.

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:02 pm

John Dodds
Private E-1

Postby John Dodds » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:29 pm

Download speed is dependent on your internet connection, of course. Nothing you can do to make it any faster if your connection is slow by default. I only have a 2g modem at home (no broadband out here in the backwoods), so I take my laptop to a wifi cafe, or friends' homes and do the fast stuff there. Another possibility is you may have a slow processor - with age, as with all my computers, the processor speed doesn't quite match up to advances in internet technology - and speeds.

Procrastinater
Private E-1

Postby Procrastinater » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:06 am

Does anybody else have a problem listening to audio books?
I find that my attention drifts, I'll start thinking something about what's been said, or how something was written and then realize I've missed a couple of pages.
I think I do that with physical books too, although not as much.

jocke85
Private E-1

Postby jocke85 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:13 am

Audible.com is the easiest place to find audio books, I've gotten my books there and they never disappoint.
As for ebooks, all you have to do is to search on google the book title and add epub to it, there'll be tons of links that you can find there.
Happy hunting mate!
"Words can make or break, be careful."
Writer-Editor at

Return to Book Discussion