[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
SEVERAL QUESTIONS NEW NOVEL : Book Discussion • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

SEVERAL QUESTIONS NEW NOVEL

Read a good book lately? Want to discuss it with others? Share what you're reading and find out what should be on your bookshelf.
LilliesCarol
Colonel

SEVERAL QUESTIONS NEW NOVEL

Postby LilliesCarol » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:54 pm

I just finished reading the JANSON OPTION. A new novel by Paul Garrison. However, I have several questions:
If Paul Garrison wrote it, how can Robert Ludlum’s name be more prominently displayed on the cover that Garrison’s which is in very small print at the bottom of the cover? Inside it states Ludlum died in 2001, if this is so, did he leave the beginning of this new series in the hands of Garrison?

This is a fascinating book set in the African nation of Somalia depicting pirating of the high seas in the area and a struggle for supremacy of yet to be explored oil wells. It is very high tech militarily and business-wise. A fascinating read.

My other questions: What is a SAT phone, an SHANZHAIS and an MTAR rifle? Like I said, there is a lot of very high tech woven into the story, but a good read non the less.
Long, long afterward in an oak I found the arrow still unbroke
And the song from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

allz28
Captain

Re: SEVERAL QUESTIONS NEW NOVEL

Postby allz28 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:12 pm

I'm guessing Robert Ludlum's name is prominent for branding purposes. He started the series and people know the series by his name, not Garrison's. A SAT phone is like a cell phone but it is used in more remote places and uses a satellite instead of cell towers to make the call. An MTAR rifle is a smaller version of this gun used in Israel: . I don't know what Shanzhais is, but I'm sure you could find out with a Google search.

Return to Book Discussion