[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Wind-Up Bird Chronicle (Haruki Murakami) : Book Discussion • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Wind-Up Bird Chronicle (Haruki Murakami)

Read a good book lately? Want to discuss it with others? Share what you're reading and find out what should be on your bookshelf.
kamalayka
Private E-2

Wind-Up Bird Chronicle (Haruki Murakami)

Postby kamalayka » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:39 pm

I'm about halfway through this novel, and it's pretty interesting. It has a slight Japanese feel to it, but it's western enough that I don't feel lost.

Has anybody else read this book or anything else by this author?

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Re: Wind-Up Bird Chronicle (Haruki Murakami)

Postby James A. Ritchie » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:40 am

I just became a Murakami fan. I read Kafka On the Shore, and now I want to read everything he's written. He has a collection of short stories called Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman that I think I'll get next.

mfarraday
Lieutenant

Postby mfarraday » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:24 am

I've read:
1Q84
Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman
A Wild Sheep Chase
Dance Dance Dance (the sequel to Wild Sheep Chase)

my favorites were the short story collection (Blind Willow...) and A Wild Sheep Chase.

Noizchild
Lieutenant

Postby Noizchild » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:38 pm

I've heard of this book and want to read it. I have "Hard-Broiled Wonderland and the End of the World." (I think that's what it's called.)
You ask me what I thought about
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you
I didn't have anything to think about.

-- From "The Love Poems of Marichiko"

Return to Book Discussion