[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
YA Novel Recommendations? : Book Discussion • Page 3 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

YA Novel Recommendations?

Read a good book lately? Want to discuss it with others? Share what you're reading and find out what should be on your bookshelf.
missybunnie
Private E-2

Re: YA Novel Recommendations?

Postby missybunnie » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:42 pm

I second Divergent and Hunger Games.

I've been reading the Vampire Diaries series. I've been told that Vampire Academy is really good. I also love most things by Gail Carson Levine and Shannon Hale. I'm kind of like updog though, I'm really into fantasy.

I'd also recommend 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher.
I <3 Developers:
For readers:
For anyone who likes me or twitter:

Jeynagrace
Private E-1

Postby Jeynagrace » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:56 am

Could I perhaps, recommend my novel titled The Battle For Oz?

The first part of The Battle For Oz is actually free to download at URL removed. Terry
But, I'm hoping to publish the whole novel next year through a crowd-funding project that I recently started with Inkshares (URL Removed.).

I've just hit the 50% mark and I still have a long way to go. Any form of help and support would be greatly appreciated!
I hope you would give my novel a chance :D

No, you may not recommend your novel in this manner on this site. If you want to advertise, please contact WD. Terry

Michelle_P
Private E-1

Postby Michelle_P » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:11 pm

I'm not sure which genre of YA you prefer. I take it from your author mentions that you may appreciate contemporary YA. If so, I have many author suggestions. :)

They include: Jenny Han, Sarah Dessen, Elizabeth Scott, Sarah Ockler, Laura Wiess, Laurie Halse Anderson, Sara Zarr,Jennifer Brown, Courtney Summers, Lauren Oliver

I don't think you can go wrong with any of these (at least in my opinion).

Happy reading!

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:36 pm

Anything by John Green, Chris Crutcher, Karen Hesse, Laurie Halse Anderson, Alan Bradley, and for comic relief, Louise Rennison.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Previous

Return to Book Discussion