[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Under the Dome : Book Discussion • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Under the Dome

Read a good book lately? Want to discuss it with others? Share what you're reading and find out what should be on your bookshelf.
Twix1
Private E-1

Under the Dome

Postby Twix1 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:54 pm

Have any of you who have read King's Under the Dome seen the new summer television series? What do you think?

TerryRodgers
Site Admin

Re: Under the Dome

Postby TerryRodgers » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:24 pm

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:19 pm

Meh. Got really bored watching the series.

formerlydrbertholdt
Private E-1

Postby formerlydrbertholdt » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:43 pm

I read and liked the book, but I haven't seen the show. I have almost always been disappointed with movies based on Stephen King books. Stand By Me was the only movie I truly loved. Under the Dome was in my top 5 favorite King books, so I didn't let myself watch the show. I was afraid I'd subject my friends to another "the book was so much better" speech. They hate that. Lol.

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:34 pm

formerlydrbertholdt
Private E-1

Postby formerlydrbertholdt » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:46 am

wdarcy
Major

Postby wdarcy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:37 pm

"Wagner's 'Das Rheingold'" (Oxford 1993). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 1995.

"Elements of Sonata Theory" co-authored with James Hepokoski(Oxford 2006). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 2008.

MookyMcD
Captain

Postby MookyMcD » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:07 pm

TerryRodgers
Site Admin

Postby TerryRodgers » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:23 pm

TerryRodgers
Site Admin

Postby TerryRodgers » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:31 pm

Season finale tonight. The 1st season was very similar to what they did with Haven. They follow the storyline only somewhat and have add a lot more character building, new characters, and new plotlines. There's very little carried over from the novel besides the main characters and the dome.

Even the innocent squirrel never made an appearance. Although a cow sure did.

Next

Return to Book Discussion