[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Michael Crichton Books (may contain spoilers) : Book Discussion • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Michael Crichton Books (may contain spoilers)

Read a good book lately? Want to discuss it with others? Share what you're reading and find out what should be on your bookshelf.
mfarraday
Lieutenant

Michael Crichton Books (may contain spoilers)

Postby mfarraday » Thu May 02, 2013 2:25 pm

I just finished Timeline, and while I found it had a lot of problems (info dumps, cardboard characters that were under-developed), overall I enjoyed its action/suspense type theme. I might read Pirate Latitudes next. Any recommendations other than Jurassic Park? (I couldn't stand the movie, so don't think I'd like the book.)

allz28
Captain

Re: Michael Crichton Books (may contain spoilers)

Postby allz28 » Thu May 02, 2013 7:18 pm

I thought the exact same thing of Timeline.

gesler0811
Sergeant Major

Postby gesler0811 » Wed May 15, 2013 3:39 pm

The Andromeda Strain comes to mind. I particularly loved the process the researchers had to go through to cleanse themselves to get into the lowest level of the lab where they were working, plus there was a great medical mystery going on, and some creepy scenes also.

krelian877
Private E-2

Postby krelian877 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:08 pm

Jurassic Park is actually a fantastic book. Sphere, and Disclosure are both good by Crichton, IMO.
Current Projects: Interlude (on temporary hiatus), Database
Current Word Count: 13,695 , 1,700
Currently reading: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones / Re-reading the Harry Potter series (studying...)

Return to Book Discussion