[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Doesn't forgetting a good book make you crazy? : Book Discussion • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Doesn't forgetting a good book make you crazy?

Read a good book lately? Want to discuss it with others? Share what you're reading and find out what should be on your bookshelf.
Lilly Starshine
Sergeant Major of the Army

Doesn't forgetting a good book make you crazy?

Postby Lilly Starshine » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:01 pm

There was a book I read in high school, or mabey jr high, I cant remember the dang title and it was such a good book. It was paperback, can't remember the author either. I just remember that the MC's where some kind of cheatah or leapard. Set in Africa I think. It was told from their POV. Ahhhhh!!!! Does anyone know what I am talking about???? I read it in the early 90's so It had to written before then. Help....anyone...?

LMGilbert
Lieutenant

Re: Doesn't forgetting a good book make you crazy?

Postby LMGilbert » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:55 am

Can you remember anything that happened in the book? A particular event? This doesn't sound at all familiar to me!

TNE
Private First Class

Postby TNE » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:32 am

I want 2 say Carnal: Pride of the Lions but that's way 2 new. :lol: Was the book a sci-fi/fantasy maybe narrowing down genre will help.

Maybe look at the school's library if it's local if not, you can search for it on the public library's website that was near your school at the time you were attending. Maybe they have the same book

Strangely I remembered how I found the book at my library's website than the actual book's title itself.

And yeah I feel ya sista.

Ps: The book that I forgotten and found again was The Tower of Shadows by Drew C. Bowling. It was a good read but the author never finished the series he said he was going to do. So that was disappointing. I respect Christopher Paolini more for at least finishing what he started.

LMGilbert
Lieutenant

Postby LMGilbert » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:38 am

Is it a Joy Adamson book? Born Free or similar? I didn't see anything close enough on Google.

smbrazil
Private E-1

Postby smbrazil » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:50 pm

A good website when you can't remember a book is Abebooks.com They have a forum where you type in what you can remember and all these avid readers figure it out for you. I've used it more than once and never been disappointed!

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:04 pm

Make me crazy?

It's more a case of reinforcing a pre-existing condition.

But... ummm... yeah.
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

sandracollin1985
Private E-1

Postby sandracollin1985 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:03 pm

I'm not familiar with that kind of book and never heard of it though. I think it will be of big help if you could just elaborate the plot of the book so at least we can have an idea what kind of book you're looking for. Or, why not try to look for some reference book site like bookgator or chegg as I think they have wide collection so they can probably help you out.

patriciac
Private E-1

Postby patriciac » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:31 am

It is not because of crazy. It is because that you liked that book much. I still remember a poem what i English teacher taught me when i was in 10. I even remember the feeling that i had in that class, it was a sad poem.

cherrygrul
Private E-1

Postby cherrygrul » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:43 am

I don't know what the book is, unfortunately. But to answer your question, yes, it definitely bothers me.
Screenwriter for

Return to Book Discussion