[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Before I Go To Sleep : Book Discussion • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Before I Go To Sleep

Read a good book lately? Want to discuss it with others? Share what you're reading and find out what should be on your bookshelf.
Oldtimer
Colonel

Before I Go To Sleep

Postby Oldtimer » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:15 pm

Hi, everyone. Arrived home from Old Blighty yesterday to 90-degree weather after having to wear a cardie for the last two weeks. I had a lot of trouble logging on but eventually made it... as you can see.
While I was away I caught up with family members. My niece mentioned a book that her friend, Steve Watson, had written called Before I Go To Sleep. She said it was a runaway best seller, now printed in 30-odd languages and is going to be a movie with Nicole Kidman starring as Christine. I bought a copy and couldn't put it down. This was Steve's first book, the result of taking a Writing a Novel course with Faber Academy. Has anyone else read it?
Oops. Wrong thread. I should have posted this in Book Discussion. Sorry. :x

No problem. I'll move it for you -pls.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Re: Before I Go To Sleep

Postby James A. Ritchie » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:19 pm

Thanks for bringing this up. I haven't read it, but have wanted to. There are just soooooo many books I haven't yet read, and they just keep coming up with new ones.

kankowitz
Sergeant

Postby kankowitz » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:48 pm

Dorothy, I haven't read it yet. I'll have to check it out...and, like James, so many books, so little time.

Actually, just read the book blurb and it looks interesting.
KarenRankowitz (I am not 'kankowitz'...that's disgusting!)
Joined Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:54 am (new forum format messed this up a bit)

http://montville-ct.patch.com/users/kar ... blog_posts
http://www.excursionzmagazine.com/

HawkEliz489
Private E-2

Postby HawkEliz489 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:01 am

I've seen the movie. It was interesting.
“Do I look like the leader of this merry band of misfits?”

cynicalwanderer
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby cynicalwanderer » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:50 am

I've read the book. Thought about watching the movie a few times when it came up on a streaming service, but in the end I couldn't be bothered since I already knew the plot.
"I've stopped giving advice. Even when people ask for it, they resent getting it." -Ross Macdonald.

Loren Killdeer
Private First Class

Postby Loren Killdeer » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:24 am

Taking it down on a paper to read it soon!
“Substitute 'damn' every time you're inclined to write 'very;' your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be.”
― Mark Twain

Return to Book Discussion