[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
What do you think of E.L James new book called "Grey" : Book Discussion • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

What do you think of E.L James new book called "Grey"

Read a good book lately? Want to discuss it with others? Share what you're reading and find out what should be on your bookshelf.
markwill212
Private E-1

What do you think of E.L James new book called "Grey"

Postby markwill212 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:39 am

E.L James is set to publish her new book "Grey" from 50 Shades of Grey. As far as I know, it is from the point of view of Grey himself. What do you think?

pls
Site Admin

Re: What do you think of E.L James new book called "Grey"

Postby pls » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:03 am

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

wdarcy
Major

Postby wdarcy » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:18 pm

I can't imagine anything that would interest me less. But then I have never acquired a taste for mommy smutty spam.

--Warren
Last edited by wdarcy on Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Wagner's 'Das Rheingold'" (Oxford 1993). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 1995.

"Elements of Sonata Theory" co-authored with James Hepokoski(Oxford 2006). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 2008.

markwill212
Private E-1

Postby markwill212 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:36 am

The fans loved to have it after having the first book. But I heard they were not that happy because it's kind of the same as the first book.

Terry T.A. Rodgers
Site Admin

Postby Terry T.A. Rodgers » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:25 am

She'll have built-in fans because of her success with the others. Will it have the same success as the first three? Probably not, but it will still sell millions.

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:13 pm

I think it's the same kind of disgusting smutty spam the first one was.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:04 pm

So no one here so far admits to having read this sequel?

Good for you. I'm not going to read it, either.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

wdarcy
Major

Postby wdarcy » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:29 pm

Read the sequel? I would never read the original! Well, I did sample a page or two to see what all the fuss was about, but it was so godawful I had to stop.

--Warren
"Wagner's 'Das Rheingold'" (Oxford 1993). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 1995.

"Elements of Sonata Theory" co-authored with James Hepokoski(Oxford 2006). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 2008.

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:01 pm

I still don't see what all the fuss is about with "50 Shades of Grey". When it first came out everyone was talking about and out of curiosity I looked at the reviews. Well most people were disappointed with the book. I never read it and don't plan on reading it or watching the movie for that matter.
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

Terry T.A. Rodgers
Site Admin

Postby Terry T.A. Rodgers » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:43 am

I decided to watch the movie for educational purposes. I didn't read the novels, so I can't compare them to the movie. From what I saw, there is no real story line. Grey meets a college grad virgin, stalks her, then offers her a contract that in exchange for her allowing him to spank her, tie her up, and do anything he wants to her in his play room filled with sex toys, he will give her things. She wants to be made love to, but he tells her he doesn't make love, he *ucks. Hard. Who says this to someone after just meeting them? Then he proceeds to make love to her anyway because she tells him she's a virgin. So, this innocent virgin after seeing his play room filled with hundreds of whips, chains, and harnesses has no problem having sex with him. The rest of the movie is just as the contract. He does things to her and she gets, a tv, jewelry, and a new car. The movie ends when she's asks what is the worse he can do to her. He whips her 6 times while she counts. She leaves and never comes back. That's how it ends.

So you never know how a 28 year becomes a billionaire, nor do you know why he is in to beating females. He also does not like to be touched and I don't believe he really talks about that either. The movie ending where it ended was pretty bad as well. The sex was probably a lot less in the movie than the novels because I've seen better on regular television. The Grey character was dull, boring. And there was absolutely no chemistry between the two. As I said the movie was horrible.

There was a funny part in the movie, although the Grey character was still dull. They had a meeting to negotiate the contract. She asked what certain things were, and asked that some of them be struck from the contract. Once again, a college grad virgin that some how knows how to negotiate a contract.

Next

Return to Book Discussion