[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins : Book Discussion • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Read a good book lately? Want to discuss it with others? Share what you're reading and find out what should be on your bookshelf.
reason
Private E-1

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Postby reason » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:52 pm

I read the first two books and really enjoyed them. Now I'm on the last book and I get it on audio. Uh oh... It's hard for me to adapt to the actor's voice. It's not what I imagined as the character's voice and I find it particularly strange that the main character, Katniss, is a 17 year old girl and the reader is an adult woman (with an accent I can't really discern...)

I'm going to plow ahead though, I'd hate to turn around and buy the book when I already own it on audio!

Bright lights, big city, beguiling women . . .

stevpetersonn
Private E-1

Re: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Postby stevpetersonn » Thu May 10, 2012 7:39 am

I didnt read Mockingjay.but i read hunger game coz of movie it was just normal.but she is much success.

LMGilbert
Lieutenant

Postby LMGilbert » Sat May 12, 2012 12:18 pm

I finally broke down and bought a copy of The Hunger Games at the grocery store. Hooked right away. We'll see about the movie.

LMGilbert
Lieutenant

Postby LMGilbert » Thu May 24, 2012 8:24 am

As I wrote elsewhere, I will not be running out to buy the second & third books, & will give the movie a pass too. I thought The Hunger Games started out really well, then fizzled out sadly.

EccentricKim
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby EccentricKim » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:42 pm

I read all 3 books and saw the movie. I like it, but I just wish the hero was more of an active hero instead of someone who just kind of gets thrown in the situation all the time. But a lot of female MC's in YA have some disappointment for me. So I'm writing a YA book with a female hero who is just the way I want her: strong, a leader, not overly insecure esp. when it comes to love interests, a rebel, and a freak. woo!
Previously published writer starting over.

WillWorkForBooks
Private E-1

Postby WillWorkForBooks » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:30 pm

Well, I've read all of them and seen the movie and I can honestly say that Mockingjay fells like it's a completely separate book from the series. Just what they do to the characters alone . . . Don't get me started on the plot. I will see all the movies, even though Mockingjay is going to be two movies(!), even though I'm sure I'll be mad all over again.

Return to Book Discussion