What book are you currently reading?

Read a good book lately? Want to discuss it with others? Share what you're reading and find out what should be on your bookshelf.
KEK
Private E-1

RE: What book are you currently reading?

Postby KEK » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:24 pm

"The Scar" by China Mieville. Enjoying it much more than I did "King Rat," which I found depressing. Read "Ender's Game" a while ago. Excellent, thought-provoking book.

saffronbleu
Private E-1

Re: What book are you currently reading?

Postby saffronbleu » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:50 pm

Phones - I recommend Neverwhere, Gaiman is awesome! It is actually a comic book as well (graphic novel, whatever you want to call it).

Classic Camp
Lieutenant

Postby Classic Camp » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:07 am

I'm currently continuing my mystery kick with Murder is Served by Richard and Frances Lockridge. It's part of the Mr. and Mrs. Smith series. It's not bad for an old fashioned mystery. Some of the writing seems a bit choppy to me though.

Fleurdelis
Corporal

Postby Fleurdelis » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:37 am

The Edible Woman by Margaret Atwood and Joe College by Tom Perrotta. Both are authors whose later works I love and so I am visiting their earlier stuff.

wdarcy
Major

Postby wdarcy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:47 pm

DREAMCATCHER by Stephen King and THE LOST SYMBOL by Dan Brown.

Needless to say, King writes circles around Brown. But I felt I had to read Brown's novel, just so I would know what people are talking about. It's pretty bad.

--Warren

wdarcy
Major

Postby wdarcy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:47 pm

DREAMCATCHER by Stephen King and THE LOST SYMBOL by Dan Brown.

Needless to say, King writes circles around Brown. But I felt I had to read Brown's novel, just so I would know what people are talking about. It's pretty bad.

--Warren

sbooth1976
Private E-1

Postby sbooth1976 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:23 pm

After months of waiting , my book The Dark Planet is finaly out.
The Dark Planet is a series of books about a man named Tyler Larkin with a group of humans , set in the year 2049 ,who get tired of the needless destruction of our planet so with the newest technology and a starship loaded with supplies they strike out to find a new planet to call there own but run into a race of aliens who befriend them to learn more about humans before trying to enslave and conquer Earth . They find power and allies in some unusual places but on trust alone they must work together to stop the ultimate evil from gaining absolute power to rule the universe .

Tyler and his wife Penny make a deal with some aliens to purchase a planet to call there new home but after a short time they learn the leader of the aliens has evil plans to rule the universe . The first book The Dark Planet -the beginning, leaves readers wondering what will happen next but there questions will be answered in the second and third books , the Chancellors rule ,and Larkin’s revenge but everything will be revealed in the fourth book - Endings . The planet they purchased has mystical power and the original inhabitants left parts of there past on different planets so Tyler and his allies must retrieve them and defend the planet if they are to stop the ultimate evil from destroying everything and everyone they love .

For all the Star Wars fans and all the Star Trek fans, check this book out. It will be out by April 2, 2010 at http://www.publishamerica.net/sci-fi.html . This is the first book of a series of four and took on a life of its own. Follow Tyler, Penny, and the rest of the New Earth Defense Force as they try to save Earth and there world from the forces of darkness as they are forced to battle on new worlds while facing mind numbing odds and discovering dark secrets across the stars.

If you want to get published contact www.publishamerica.com .

sbooth1976
Private E-1

Postby sbooth1976 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:23 pm

After months of waiting , my book The Dark Planet is finaly out.
The Dark Planet is a series of books about a man named Tyler Larkin with a group of humans , set in the year 2049 ,who get tired of the needless destruction of our planet so with the newest technology and a starship loaded with supplies they strike out to find a new planet to call there own but run into a race of aliens who befriend them to learn more about humans before trying to enslave and conquer Earth . They find power and allies in some unusual places but on trust alone they must work together to stop the ultimate evil from gaining absolute power to rule the universe .

Tyler and his wife Penny make a deal with some aliens to purchase a planet to call there new home but after a short time they learn the leader of the aliens has evil plans to rule the universe . The first book The Dark Planet -the beginning, leaves readers wondering what will happen next but there questions will be answered in the second and third books , the Chancellors rule ,and Larkin’s revenge but everything will be revealed in the fourth book - Endings . The planet they purchased has mystical power and the original inhabitants left parts of there past on different planets so Tyler and his allies must retrieve them and defend the planet if they are to stop the ultimate evil from destroying everything and everyone they love .

For all the Star Wars fans and all the Star Trek fans, check this book out. It will be out by April 2, 2010 at http://www.publishamerica.net/sci-fi.html . This is the first book of a series of four and took on a life of its own. Follow Tyler, Penny, and the rest of the New Earth Defense Force as they try to save Earth and there world from the forces of darkness as they are forced to battle on new worlds while facing mind numbing odds and discovering dark secrets across the stars.

If you want to get published contact www.publishamerica.com .

aforred
Private E-2

Postby aforred » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:02 pm

I just finished Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie. Before that, it was Doyle's A Sign of Four. I am taking a popular fiction class and they are all detective novels, starting with Lady Audley's Secret. I am really looking forward to the newer stuff, but I love Christie.

aforred
Private E-2

Postby aforred » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:02 pm

I just finished Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie. Before that, it was Doyle's A Sign of Four. I am taking a popular fiction class and they are all detective novels, starting with Lady Audley's Secret. I am really looking forward to the newer stuff, but I love Christie.

PreviousNext

Return to Book Discussion