[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
What book are you currently reading? : Book Discussion • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

What book are you currently reading?

Read a good book lately? Want to discuss it with others? Share what you're reading and find out what should be on your bookshelf.
Thicket Elemental
Private E-2

Re: What book are you currently reading?

Postby Thicket Elemental » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:26 am

I just picked up Foundation, by Isaac Asimov. Good read, but I feel like you have to read his earlier stuff to understand a lot of it.

G-Girl
Captain

Postby G-Girl » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:26 am

I just started Trawler by Redmond O'Hanlon

Susan
General

RE: What book are you currently reading?

Postby Susan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:41 pm

The Star Rover by Jack London.  Excellent book. 

NMMillan
Sergeant

Postby NMMillan » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:02 pm

Finished Ender's Game a few days ago and LOVED it, now at a co-workers request I am reading Julie & Julia, so far not liking it at all :/

PhonesRinginDude
Private First Class

Postby PhonesRinginDude » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:52 pm

Just started on Palahniuk's, Rant. Though I'm also in the middle of Children of Dune and The Girl Who Played With Fire. Yeah, I tend to have a habit of reading several books at once.

I've always wanted to read Ender's Game. Now you guys have gotten me all antsy-in-the-pantsies.

saffronbleu
Private E-1

Postby saffronbleu » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:54 pm

I just finished Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman. Its good if you like fantasy and I do. I am going to pick up Ender's Game tomorrow, after reading the posts I am very curious. I also just read a book called the Evolution of Shadows. Not what I typically like to read but it was pretty good, I couldn't put it down. Jason Quinn is the author.

Thicket Elemental
Private E-2

Postby Thicket Elemental » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:57 am

PhonesRinginDude
Private First Class

Postby PhonesRinginDude » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:13 am

Saffron, it's ironic you mention Neverwhere. I literally was at halfpricebooks last night and had it in my hands. In the end though, I went with Caleb Carr's, The Alienist, by recommendation from my homeskillet, TMSO!

I'll have to go back and pick it up sometime. Gaiman is the master.

Lex
Private First Class

Postby Lex » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:26 pm

I'm reading Dan Brown's newest book The Lost Symbol. So far I really like it. Despite what many people may say about his books, I like them. But I will say that his book Angels and Demons was very good up until the end. It was a bit of a let down, and without giving anything away, it was unrealistic to think one of the main characters in the story could survive a fall such as he did.
I also liked The Divinci Code, but felt the ending could've been better. Let's hope that this book has a good conclusion.

Jowen
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Jowen » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:45 pm

I'm half way through reading The Flying Troutman's by Miriam Toews, a light, quick read. Toews is a whiz at fractured family situations; a brilliant writer, witty, somewhat zany, but totally tuned in with the troubled teens she writes about.

PreviousNext

Return to Book Discussion