[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Favorite Childhood book : Book Discussion • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Favorite Childhood book

Read a good book lately? Want to discuss it with others? Share what you're reading and find out what should be on your bookshelf.
suzuhara
Major General

Re: Favorite Childhood book

Postby suzuhara » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:58 pm

Dude! My favorite book before kindergarten was Green Eggs and Ham! I almost flunked the first grade because I only wanted to make up stories and worlds with my imaginary friends. :)

Sarah Jane
General

RE: Favorite Childhood book

Postby Sarah Jane » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:04 pm

Green Eggs and Ham rules!!!

Sarah Jane ;)

G-Girl
Captain

Postby G-Girl » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:55 pm

My favorite book as a preteen was Against the Fall of Night (by Arthur C. Clarke I think). I have to admit that it was my favorite as much because of the cover art on my paperback copy as anything else. :)

pencilandpaper
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby pencilandpaper » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:34 pm

Favorite childhood books---some are still out there!

A. Ramona Quimby series
B. Encyclopedia Brown mysteries
C. Any book by Judy Blume
D. Choose Your Own Adventure series
E. Lyle the Crocodile
F. Amelia Bedelia

mytimenow
Sergeant Major

Postby mytimenow » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:56 pm

Mustang Writer
Major

Postby Mustang Writer » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:02 pm

Any horse book.
And seeing as I'm probably still considered a "child", I'll add Ranger's Apprentice. I love those books, and I can't wait til book 5 comes out this November!!!!! :D
Mustang :emoticon:

Katherine
Private E-1

Postby Katherine » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:08 am

"The Lask Silk Dress" by Ann Rinaldi. I was such a nerd, I loved historical fiction - I must have read this book a thousand times. The cellophane cover on the library copy was falling apart by the time I finally returned it.

hematite
Captain

Postby hematite » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:42 am

I adored the Just-So Stories and the Oz books as a young child. Preteen years, my favorites were Lord of the Rings and The Outsiders. As a teenager, I became a fan of everything written by Mercedes Lackey and Heinlein.

cakeshark
Private E-1

Postby cakeshark » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:15 pm

there were many, but I really liked all the Roald Dahl books

wilhem spihntingle
Master Sergeant

Postby wilhem spihntingle » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:51 am

All the Rootie Kazootie books. I used to have nightmares about Poison Zoomak. Polka Dot Dottie was a hottie.

PreviousNext

Return to Book Discussion