A Song of Ice and Fire (A Dance With Dragons) I'm horrified!

Read a good book lately? Want to discuss it with others? Share what you're reading and find out what should be on your bookshelf.
gesler0811

Re: A Song of Ice and Fire (A Dance With Dragons) I'm horrif

Postby gesler0811 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:24 pm

I loved the first book beyond measure, the second was good too, by the third one I lost interest. Not sure what happened, except maybe since I was reading them back to back to back and due to the size and copious amounts of attention to detail required on the part of the reader, maybe I just got burnt out.
Image Image
LINE OF SIGHT: zombies, voodoo, and artifacts: Urban Fantasy with a New Orleans Flair!!! (99 Cent Special)
DRURY MANOR: VOLUME 1 (FREE!) - Axe murders, ghosts, and mystery
http://www.eslermedia.com/blog

LuminousTyto

Postby LuminousTyto » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Yeah I've read all 5 of the books that are out actually. I like the series but it is getting a little draggy!
I'm interested in making friends who are interested in writing fiction prose. My favorite genres are epic fantasy and science fiction with futuristic themes.

You can add me on Facebook.

Luminous Tyto

fluenne

Postby fluenne » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:35 am

I finished the third book a while ago, and I have decided that the series and I need a break from each other. GRRM is an amazing writer, and I think he's truly a genius for creating such intelligent, amazing characters, but yeah... reading about 26 lords, their house sigils and their squires for 16 pages gets a bit heavy sometimes. I'll return to the 4th book after I read some cheesy romance novels to rest my brain.

u2girl

Postby u2girl » Sat May 04, 2013 6:34 pm

I'm late in the game, here, as I'm only on book 2, but I'm REALLY liking it so far. Next trip to the library I guess I'll have to see if they have the first season of the HBO series.

My only real pet peeve is the liberal use of the word 'fuck'. Now, I am the Queen of the Potty Mouth(Really, my co workers laugh at my very liberal use of the word). But that word just seems so, just not right for lack of better wordage for the book. I take it, that it appears throughout the rest of the books.

Storylover02

Postby Storylover02 » Sun May 18, 2014 4:30 pm

I was horrified at the end. The fates of two of my favorite characters are now uncertain!!!!!! And I'm anxious to find out what happens to all the other I love!

Bethany

Postby Bethany » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:59 am

I've already read all the books, a while ago. I really like the books. Hopefully martin haven't killed yet all f my fav heroes. I really like the Arya's Stark storyline.

Previous

Return to Book Discussion