thoughts from within... standing strong thru the storms

Read the top five entries and vote for your favorite in the current Writer's Digest Your Story competition. (You must be a registered member of the WD Forum to view and vote.)
HazelEyes
Private E-1

thoughts from within... standing strong thru the storms

Postby HazelEyes » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:47 am

Still finding a place fro myself. I write in a different fashion most times. Not unheard of.. as even Shakespeare was thought to stand out in his own time. I have not yet found a place on this forum to share writings. If someone could kindly direct me into the right topic it would be most appreciated..for now.. Please be gentle.

"Most girls have friends..They grow up with many asking … How they are...asking to go to parties…sleepovers... Movies...malls. Play parks... i never had any of that.. Im a girl removed...I always have been... No one looks at …Me the same... They never have…When most girls were playing soccer and going to prom... i …Was home... I was picked last and scoffed at... pushed down …Hallways when people found out I had ADD... never called …Or received an invitation... never wanted around... …Ignored... treated like a ghost...

When they did notice I existed I was talked about behind closed doors, pushed off of swings, antagonized, and made to feel ashamed... My locked was emptied on the floor after lunch...and every day after school i came home crying and locked myself in my bedroom... Every night I threw up from the pain of not fitting in...
When I got older I dealt with a father who didn’t know how to control his anger and took it out on me as I hid shaking under the covers... and boyfriends who took their anger out on me as once again I hid under tables and in closes to keep me safe.. My whole life I’ve been pushed aside, made fun of... alone... by myself... i've always told alone... so no... I do not understand people...and i DO NOT FIT IN... And I do not have friends as you all do... but I MADE IT...thru all the mess... and I’m still here."

Hazel Eyes

Return to Your Story