my story 39....

Read the top five entries and vote for your favorite in the current Writer's Digest Your Story competition. (You must be a registered member of the WD Forum to view and vote.)
habib.azam
Private E-1

my story 39....

Postby habib.azam » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:35 pm

It was at Dusk. I was just passing a street.I felt like I was lost. I was trying to find a way out.Suddenly I found a way that seemed familiar to me.It was a very old way,it was rusted and was stored in some corner of my brain.Images started to appear before my eyes like flashes.I stopped walking and lost in an old book of my memory.I recognized the street where I learned how to ride a cycle.The street started speaking to me like a person.Then I noticed our old house that we left 22 years ago.It was empty.I walked into it as if I went back to my childhood.It was dark inside.I remembered the switches, I tried to turn on the lights.But i couldn't.I walked around the hall room and kitchen using my cellphone torch.I was having a mixed feeling inside me.I went up to my room where I used to sit and talk to myself.Every wall of the house was speaking to me.I looked at the walls with the fade light.I found the alphabets that I wrote on the wall and the secret place where I used to hide when I was upset. It was like a journey to my past in a time machine.I returned back to reality when an alarm on my cell phone rang.Then I walked out of the house and went back home by a taxi.

In the morning I told my mother about my visit to our old home.She was surprised.And she started-we left the house because your sister died in that house.And it was not a normal death.She was very healthy and did not have any disease.But she used to cry when she was lied to bed.Marrium used to say 'fire' when she was only 5 months.Her voice was like an old man at times.One evening your dad heard ofsomeone playing piano when he came back from work.He rang the door bell for hours. I was at my friends house.He was surprised to see me when I came back. Who was playing the piano then! It's still a mystery, she said.Your dad reported it to the police station, but they found nothing.My mother continues-I was very scared after that night.I wanted to leave the house but your dad denied.So I never forced him after it.Because I loved the house, and nothing happened for five years.I thought it was just some thief and I bought some new expensive locks. We also consulted a doctor about Marrium's voice.She was absolutely fine.But one night she woke up at 3 o' clock in the morning and was crying very badly. Suddenly she rose up from the bed and started speaking like a man.She uttered -"your daughter is mine now" and laughed in a harsh voice.Then she fell down on bed again. After that incident my baby had high fever and died in the morning.My mother burst into tears. I tried to console her.

I decided to go to that house again to have a closer look.After knowing all these from my mother that house seemed haunted to me. So I went back to the Chaktai street to find out.But I failed, I kept searching for the house.After searching for an hour i found the street but I did not see any house there.I was silent for a moment.I could not believe my eyes that there was no house.I wanted to talk to a local person but the place was empty.After a few miles i found a garage. I found an old man there.He has been there for 25 years.So I asked him about the house.He said-"yes there was a house and a family used to live in it but the family left it after their kid was killed by it". I left in silence and never went back to that street.

habib.azam
Private E-1

Re: my story 39....

Postby habib.azam » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:28 am

Guyzzz..please leave a comment!!! :D

Return to Your Story