Question on Your Story 39 submission

Read the top five entries and vote for your favorite in the current Writer's Digest Your Story competition. (You must be a registered member of the WD Forum to view and vote.)
Clay MacTarnaghan
Private E-1

Question on Your Story 39 submission

Postby Clay MacTarnaghan » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:24 pm

I submitted a story for 39 and didn't put a title or my name as author in the submission. Will that disqualify me?

I submitted an entry for the short competition - a different competition - and it had a separate text box for the title, so when Your Story 39 asked for the story, I pasted the text without the title. Unfortunately, there was no other opportunity to give the title.

Perhaps, if I were to be chosen as a finalist, I would have the opportunity to give a title. Perhaps there is a way to edit, once submitted. If so, does anyone know how to do that?

The actual required/expected format of the submissions is not explained in the rules.

Artichoke
Private E-1

Re: Question on Your Story 39 submission

Postby Artichoke » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:03 pm

Ah, heh-heh. :oops: I did that, too, though I didn't even think about it until I read Clay's post.
Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing. -Robert Benchley

Clay MacTarnaghan
Private E-1

Postby Clay MacTarnaghan » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:17 pm

Artichoke, there is some twisted satisfaction in knowing one is not alone in making errors. We each think of ourselves as intelligent and knowing someone else has struggled with the same shortcoming means perhaps it is the process, not the individual's ability that is lacking.

Now, if we could get an answer, which I suspect is unlikely, we can have closure.

ausarah
Private E-1

Postby ausarah » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:09 pm

sorry, need to test if i'm working, having some issues. thank you

Elliots
Private E-1

Postby Elliots » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:19 pm

I also noticed there was nowhere to provide a title. I almost put mine at the top of the story since I was under the 750 word max, but I was afraid it would be construed as part of the story. Since they didn't ask, my guess is they don't want a title.

Return to Your Story