[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Your Story Contest-Thank you : Your Story • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Your Story Contest-Thank you

Read the top five entries and vote for your favorite in the current Writer's Digest Your Story competition. (You must be a registered member of the WD Forum to view and vote.)
rudolphv
Private E-1

Your Story Contest-Thank you

Postby rudolphv » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:29 pm

To the editors and those who voted for my story, I can’t tell you how much this means to me—Anonymous is my Your Story! I couldn’t look when I saw the winner was posted yesterday and I just found out now. (Sat 4pm EST)

After reading some of the comments, I can tell you that I have submitted 19 stories over the past four years and not one made it to the top five. One of those stories went on to final in another contest. I can’t tell you how discouraged I was at times, but I kept trying and I don’t think that anything has helped tighten my writing as much as this contest. The price can’t be beat, and the prize, well, a chance to be published in a magazine like Writer’s Digest was worth the average of 20 hrs of work I invested in each piece.

I just want to add that it was a standing joke in my writing group that the editors were probably sick of me. So it is ironic that the editors finally picked a story that I titled Anonymous. One last thing, I am very glad the editors make the final decision. Most every one of my writing friends couldn’t figure out how to navigate the voting process and gave up, so I am pleased to see that I received so many votes and that they were truly—anonymous. Thank you. ~patti

allz28
Captain

Re: Your Story Contest-Thank you

Postby allz28 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:30 pm

Congratulations. Sounds like you earned it. :)

cindyash
Private E-1

Postby cindyash » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:18 am

Congratulations!

reeja
Private E-1

Postby reeja » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:41 am

Congrassss :D
Get fast success in and exam questions by using our and We also offer up-to-date

Return to Your Story